CHLORINE for swimming pools Pattaya

Siam Bruce

I was paying about 4,000 Baht for 50Kgs of Chlorine Granules for use in the swimming pool, as we were running low we checked around and the lowest price quoted was 5,900 Baht + delivery.

This seems a huge increase, has anybody got a better experience? if so could you name the supplier (or PM me if that is not allowed by the "Thought Police" 

Granules or Powder etc. We have always used Granules, that is what the previous owner used, this is what the Pool guy requests, it works well for me so that is what we require to keep everybody happy.

Thanks 

Can't help, I usually get a 50KG tub about once a year and I thought I paid about 4k last year. (Got  a great pile of old receipts which, sorry, I can't be bothered looking through)...

I am down to about a few KGs so this is bad news. I usually get it from Home and Pool as I go to the shop and pay and they deliver to my home.  Inflation, transport costs and what is probably a smaller market could be factors... salt pools are more common. 

Had a look on Lazada.... I found flocculant on there far cheaper?

Edited by jacko45k

Chlorine searchers, hang in there for a bit.  I have a family member in Chonburi who has a chemical import business and can get the 50kg calcium hypochlorite 65%.   Can I provide her LINE ID here or that forbidden?  It sounded like a tub would be in the 4,500 baht range plus delivery from Chonburi area.

Also, please note that the supplier manages the shipping.  Not my in-law.

So, if someone can let me know about posting the LINE ID, I will follow up.

Since a previous poster put up a link to a pool company ...Here is the LINE ID for checking out the cholorine:  srujiroj 

Good luck and hope you can save some baht.

dj

chlorine.jpg

Edited by patekatek
added information
  • Thanks 1

Use to get ours from Global, and forget which version it was.  35kg drum, I think, or something like that.  Cheapest I could find anywhere at the time.  Don't think all Globals stock it, but may be able to order.  

Perhaps you can get a chlorinator.

Alibaba has better deals than anything you can buy locally.

I've got an Emaux 45g chlorinator with a timer.  Nice if you travel as it doses your pool automatically.

They can run 15,000 baht and up but you won't have to be bothered ordering anymore chemicals.

Also you won't chlorine red eyes, irritation, or smell with a chlorinator.

Screenshot_20220419-194822_Alibabacom.jpg

47 minutes ago, MrJ2U said:

Perhaps you can get a chlorinator.

Alibaba has better deals than anything you can buy locally.

I've got an Emaux 45g chlorinator with a timer.  Nice if you travel as it doses your pool automatically.

They can run 15,000 baht and up but you won't have to be bothered ordering anymore chemicals.

Also you won't chlorine red eyes, irritation, or smell with a chlorinator.

Screenshot_20220419-194822_Alibabacom.jpg

Forgive my ignorance are these for non salt water pools also?

54 minutes ago, LikeItHot said:

I pay 4000 for 20 kg in Samui. If you guys are getting 50 kg for 4k as you claim is time to start selling it on Lazada.  

Apparently someone is having a laugh with you.  Samui, no surprise there.

LAZ has <4k w/delivery charge, as does Global @ 3800 delivered.

Took longer to post this, than to find it on Google ????

image.png.72823c45a0e667f351ef52b3e3cd340e.png

image.png.ee836f242fa92e56888147282310fba7.png

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, LikeItHot said:

Forgive my ignorance are these for non salt water pools also?

You'll need to add salt to the pool for the chlorinator to work.

Most resorts and hotels use Chlorinators now because its easier and cheaper to maintain.

Here's a article that's easy to understand:

https://www.swimuniversity.com/salt-chlorine-generator/#:~:text=A salt water chlorinator makes,and sodium hydroxide (NaOH).

Edited by MrJ2U
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, LikeItHot said:

I pay 4000 for 20 kg in Samui. If you guys are getting 50 kg for 4k as you claim is time to start selling it on Lazada.  

You made me dig around my receipts, last purchase I could find was June 2020, 3800 baht for 50kg tub of 90%. 

29 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

You made me dig around my receipts, last purchase I could find was June 2020, 3800 baht for 50kg tub of 90%. 

That's amazing. I usually buy tabs on Lazada because they are cheaper than locally and I hate lugging that big bucket home but about a month ago I needed powder so went to my local chem shop, not the pool shop.  The 20 kg bucket that is normally 3+k was now 4. I remarked to the staff that was quite a jump in a short time and they all agreed.

1 minute ago, LikeItHot said:

That's amazing. I usually buy tabs on Lazada because they are cheaper than locally and I hate lugging that big bucket home but about a month ago I needed powder so went to my local chem shop, not the pool shop.  The 20 kg bucket that is normally 3+k was now 4. I remarked to the staff that was quite a jump in a short time and they all agreed.

Home and Pool will deliver it to my house, pretty sure it was free, but the driver got 100 baht for heave-ho-ing it into the store-room. I took a look in Lazada, didn't find any 50kg tubs on offer, more used to handling smaller items I expect, and many suppliers were pool shops that, well let us face it, have a fair old mark up.. Have obtained parts at a fraction of the shop price from Alibaba/China. 

I dread the likely price of my next tub!

11 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Apparently someone is having a laugh with you.  Samui, no surprise there.

LAZ has <4k w/delivery charge, as does Global @ 3800 delivered.

Took longer to post this, than to find it on Google ????

image.png.72823c45a0e667f351ef52b3e3cd340e.png

image.png.ee836f242fa92e56888147282310fba7.png

5555 you're soooo smart ????. Guess what though your not the only guy who knows what Google and Lazada are.   Shocking huh? I guess it never occurred to you there are different chlorines though huh funny guy?  Apples and oranges d wad. And that sometimes in a pinch we buy locally.   50kg of TCCA is over 6k. And don't imply Samuians are scamming every one just because you can't afford a better life.

IMG_20220420_082331.jpg

IMG_20220420_084428.jpg

Edited by LikeItHot

11 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Home and Pool will deliver it to my house, pretty sure it was free, but the driver got 100 baht for heave-ho-ing it into the store-room. I took a look in Lazada, didn't find any 50kg tubs on offer, more used to handling smaller items I expect, and many suppliers were pool shops that, well let us face it, have a fair old mark up.. Have obtained parts at a fraction of the shop price from Alibaba/China. 

I dread the likely price of my next tub!

Well KhunLa thinks we are so stupid that we can't find his chlorine on Lazada. As far as Ali goes I just got hit with a 50% tax from customs on a separate item so laying off International shipping for a while.  

IMG_20220420_082958.jpg

Edited by LikeItHot

9 minutes ago, LikeItHot said:

5555 you're soooo smart ????. Guess what though your not the only guy who knows what Google and Lazada are.   Shocking huh? I guess it never occurred to you there are different chlorines though huh funny guy?  Apples and oranges d wad. And that sometimes in a pinch we buy locally. 

IMG_20220420_082331.jpg

You're Welcome ... now you can stop paying 2x as much.

Have a nice day

24 minutes ago, LikeItHot said:

Well KhunLa thinks we are so stupid that we can't find his chlorine on Lazada. As far as Ali goes I just got hit with a 50% tax from customs on a separate item so laying off International shipping for a while.  

Is that not 65% rather than 90%?

The stuff I use on Lazada appears to be 6300 baht + 485 delivery

Looks to be domestic supplier.

Edited by jacko45k

2 hours ago, LikeItHot said:

I checked several shops for chlorine in samui around 6 weeks ago and they all said price had gone up. Looked on lazada and the prices had all gone up there also. Only one place in maenam was selling at normal price which was 2850 bht for 25kg 90% chlorine and they delivered it to my house in south. 

None of you are thinking this through properly. Trichlor 90% is for use in outdoor pools. It has a UV stabilizer to hold the chlorine in the pool for longer so the sunlight doesn't break it down, meaning you use less over time. So it may cost a little more, but you use MUCH LESS.

You can't just throw anything into your pool. You have to know what chemistry you're using specific for your pool. Think it through, do your homework.

Edited by Led Lolly Yellow Lolly