Thai nurse warns compatriots about dating sites - she was conned into marriage with "Titan the Navy Captain"

webfact

5 hours ago, RafPinto said:

Look all those profiles on Thaicupid etc.

Pictures mostly photoshopped, fake profiles, fake ages, fake degrees.

I met my wife - now of 7 years -  on Thaifriendly. The files of her teaching  qualifications, certificates, awards and professional  recommendations would probably kill you if they fell off the top of the cupboard.

Edited by RichardColeman
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, webfact said:

The nurse urged other Thai women to be careful on dating sites lest they become a victim like her. 

The problem are not the dating sites, or even the people asking for money, but the people who are st**id enough to give or lend money to people they just met, or even worse, expecting a financial windfall from getting married.

Edited by StayinThailand2much

8 hours ago, BritManToo said:

You are posting what you are looking for in a woman.

A Thai woman mostly thinks, 'does he have a lot of money and how much can I get from him'. So if you're gonna slam her, slam her for being too stupid to find out how much he was earning.

When I was doing 'online dating', I always limited the first encounter to an hour in a 'resort' room. (Usually 'Movement' but sometimes 'China Chic' or 'The Love Boat')

I always limited the 1st encounter to a 30 minute coffee. Easy in, easy out. The likelihood of finding chemistry online is low. Why put alot of effort into it? I know fairly pathetic guys who do hundreds of hours of online chats before meeting. With me, it was two exchanges. Then, let's meet. No? See ya. 

• Like 2

Yeah always amazes me when someone gets done here in the land of scam. As far as online dating scams, maybe not hi tech and organized like the Nigerians but intent and result both the same. Must be the romance scam capital of the world. LIELAND. 

Mate of mine used to do the dating sites and probably dated hundreds of women. He had a bit of a rep as a playboy but he said to me...he always went in to meeting someone with good intentions. The aim was never to conquer some girl and dump her. he just said that so many that he met had only one aim....wealth transfer. Yours to theirs. When I thought about it he was 100% correct. I had my fair share of women here too and have to say 98% you meet online that say they are looking for a foreigner, be it villager, nurse or professional woman are usually hopelessly in debt hoping someone will not only make all their problems magically go away but give them a Hollywood lifestyle and endless supply of cash, while bringing very little to nothing to the table themselves except a lot of baggage and problems. I often wonder if maybe better off here with a bargirl. At least they are usually fun and a bit more worldly.....and lets face it most professionals at what they do ???? Just don't let yourself fall in love and have fun while it lasts

Edited by Kenny202
  • Like 2

50 minutes ago, Kenny202 said:

The aim was never to conquer some girl and dump her. he just said that so many that he met had only one aim....wealth transfer. Yours to theirs. When I thought about it he was 100% correct.

I was always OK with transferring 1,000bht of my wealth to them.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, BritManToo said:

I was always OK with transferring 1,000bht of my wealth to them.

Agree with that lol. As they say you pay for them to leave, not arrive....and if you are married etc, everyone walks away happy