Mitsubishi Water Pump turning on and off.

jimn

I know there have been topics on this before but I think mine is slightly different. My water pump turns on and off intermittently. I have checked everywhere no leaks and even shut off valves along the route. It seems to happen when the water pressure into my property from the water supply is low. When the water pressure is normal or high it doesnt happen. When its low it cycles every 15 seconds or so. Any ideas?

Edited by jimn
  • Haha 1

We had the exact same problem. After changing out the pressure switch, check valve we had same problem. Son in law dug up and replaced about 2-3 meters of PVC coming out of water pump. The PVC was clogged with mud and since he replaced PVC 6 months ago the pimp has been working fine.

The water in our village can be really muddy when they have to replace pipes or other repairs. I have filter for the large storage tank but not when water comes direct from village.

15 hours ago, livram said:

We had the exact same problem. After changing out the pressure switch, check valve we had same problem. Son in law dug up and replaced about 2-3 meters of PVC coming out of water pump. The PVC was clogged with mud and since he replaced PVC 6 months ago the pimp has been working fine.

The water in our village can be really muddy when they have to replace pipes or other repairs. I have filter for the large storage tank but not when water comes direct from village.

Ok thank you