Test and Go dies a death - but all I care about is Mango and Sticky Rice

webfact

There used to be a family of Thai desserts known as 'sticky rice and x', where 'x' was a fruit of your choice. The best known was 'sticky rice and mango'. Suddenly it has become 'mango and sticky rice' or even just 'mango sticky rice'. Why? I think we should be told.

• Confused 1

Yes Sticky Rice and "MawMun!!! ??? Sticky Rice and Mango !!! That IS defiantly the One Rooster !!! !!! And Gods Only Food !!!... Mangos !!! and it is the season now also !!! ....

....  Like we all know the one about Eve offering Adam a Mango !!! ? Right .... Only it was Westernized in to an Apple Right ??? In the Bible ??? ... (And the genders' Changed ???) .... (Just Kidding)

Just now, Mark mark said:

Yes Sticky Rice and "MawMun!!! ??? Sticky Rice and Mango !!! That IS defiantly the One Rooster !!! !!! And Gods Only Food !!!... Mangos !!! and it is the season now also !!! ....

....  Like we all know the one about Eve offering Adam a Mango !!! ? Right .... Only it was Westernized in to an Apple Right ??? In the Bible ??? ... (And the genders' Changed ???) .... (Just Kidding)

Though well, arguable but the Sweet Coconut Milk that the Sticky Rice is soaked in must be the active Ingredient!!! .... Though as we all say I think, ... Without the Mango it just would not have that great Tang of a Flavor !!! .... One of my Favorite Local hits. ...

.... Though also a good one to get a bit of Flack over if you have A Blood Sugar Problems !!! .... But Pleasant times are back again !!! .... It IS Now Mango season !!! ... Well up here in the Central Thai Flood plain any way. ...

Hey you know that the woman can water, and force Feed the Mango trees with fertilizer, and some other stuff ???? so that they fruit 6 times a year !!! and not only one, I think ??? ... Still probably only One time where the trees are actually really Loaded !!! ...

...  And also History, in 2011 in the Great floods with 2 or 3 meters of water here for nearly 3 Months !!!!Just about ALL the Mango Trees died !!! as they are not flood resistant !!! (Like bamboo and the local river trees) ... ...

... And also the frogs and the Ants and flying ants that they eat, and the earth Worms !!! ... Like that 3 Month flood, did a LOT of environmental damage, that I saw, and am still seeing, .... but I have Not seen it Noted. ? ....  The flying ants and frogs are Just coming back !!! ... 2022 now = 11years Later ? .... well they might have been hear when Covid hit ? but no one saw them ??? ... Right ? as we were all trapped, somewhere else ? ... or Locked down and otherwise occupied ? if still here ??? 

Thanks Rooster, but I missed having a chuckle this week.  I will be happy when the pandemic is 

over, and less than 100 people die in Thailand each day.  Seems that if you write a long column, people complain, and some complain if you

keep every thing short.  Cheers.

• Like 2

I am glad Rooster? has returned even though in a somewhat shortened form. I know I am a bit late in writing this but it is better late than ever. I was afraid that he had been censored and we would not be able to enjoy his humour and knowledge of Thailand.

Welcome back Rooster. I enjoy your writings.

May the Rooster crow many times more.

• Like 1

On 4/23/2022 at 8:07 AM, thaisabai said:

Mangos are cheap now, thanks to Thailand not being able to sell large quantities as previously to Russia (war) and China (lockdown)

love them

thaisabai

No, Mangos are cheap this year  because of the cool weather over the new year  and it lasted a good few weeks this year,cool weather is needed to help set the fruit,in some places they was a glut and some crops where thrown away.

Last year not a lot of mangos about ,as it was not so cool around new year and January.

Perhaps rather than proposing to process asylum seekers in Rwanda Priti Patel should adopt the policy of the country of which you are such a proud resident and simply refuse to accept all claims to refugee status. Roll up in Thailand with a hard luck story having destroyed your identification papers and see where that gets you - behind bars. Your criticism of UK policy while singing the praises of a country that is not signatory to any refugee charter is sheer hypocrisy. It's easy to demand liberal standards from others when you don't have to live with the consequences yourself.