Silent Force Urged To Join Peace Run Sunday

Mid

Silent force urged to join peace run Sunday

Sat, June 16, 2007 : Last updated 20:36 pm (Thai local time)

The "Rak Prathet Thai Lerk Talorkan" (Love Thailand, Stop Fighting One Another) network Saturday appealed to all Thais to join Sunday's run for peace at 9.30am, while academics called on the "silent force" to make their voices heard.

Leading network member Narong Thiammek said the political situation showed signs of degenerating into violence, prompting social organisations including the Volunteer Spirit Network and the Family Network Foundation to form a united front.

The coalition wants to appeal to compatriots to stop creating an environment for violence and seeking power that might come at the cost of fellow Thais' blood.

The Nation

continues http://www.nationmultimedia.com/2007/06/16...es_30037055.php

'bout time we heard from the majority .......................... :o

Edited by Mid

Silent force urged to join peace run Sunday

Sat, June 16, 2007 : Last updated 20:36 pm (Thai local time)

The "Rak Prathet Thai Lerk Talorkan" (Love Thailand, Stop Fighting One Another) network Saturday appealed to all Thais to join Sunday's run for peace at 9.30am, while academics called on the "silent force" to make their voices heard.

Leading network member Narong Thiammek said the political situation showed signs of degenerating into violence, prompting social organisations including the Volunteer Spirit Network and the Family Network Foundation to form a united front.

The coalition wants to appeal to compatriots to stop creating an environment for violence and seeking power that might come at the cost of fellow Thais' blood.

The Nation

continues http://www.nationmultimedia.com/2007/06/16...es_30037055.php

'bout time we heard from the majority .......................... :o

communists had "silent forces".....most notably the KGB, NKVD, and stasi

You know I can't understand it. My g/f and all her family absolutely love Thaksin. (they are in Chiang Mai which is/was a TRT stronghold so I guess that explains it in some way) BUT I dunno how many times I have point out his indiscretions i.e. the war on drugs, Shincorp shares tax avoidance, breach of political/criminal laws, amassing personal fortune through his abuse of power whilst in office and I get the same response time and time again, We need Thaksin back, things were never this bad, business was never this bad, financially or politically while he was in power! Can you believe that? You try and explain that the scum was buying votes with meagre handouts with one hand whilst the other one was skimming as much as he could get away with for his own person gain with the other but it falls on deaf ears. Dunno what you can do about that.........

You know I can't understand it. My g/f and all her family absolutely love Thaksin. (they are in Chiang Mai which is/was a TRT stronghold so I guess that explains it in some way) BUT I dunno how many times I have point out his indiscretions i.e. the war on drugs, Shincorp shares tax avoidance, breach of political/criminal laws, amassing personal fortune through his abuse of power whilst in office and I get the same response time and time again, We need Thaksin back, things were never this bad, business was never this bad, financially or politically while he was in power! Can you believe that? You try and explain that the scum was buying votes with meagre handouts with one hand whilst the other one was skimming as much as he could get away with for his own person gain with the other but it falls on deaf ears. Dunno what you can do about that.........

takin would win by a land slide if he were aloud to run ,but they will never let him :o

Wadsy,

You may be surprised that the war on drugs is not a controversial issue for the vast majority of Thai people...they view the executions as being deserved and therefore a non-issue.

You may be surprised that tax avoidance (and even out and out evasion) is typical of Thai politicians in general and not TRT in particular so for the vast majority of Thai people this is a non-issue.

You may be surprised that amassing personal fortune while in power is typical of successful Thai politicians in general and not TRT in particular so for the vast majority of Thai people thi is a non-issue.

I'm not saying that this is good......but this is, from what all I've seen and heard, the truth about Thai politics...it is corrupt through and through and justice is often dished out without proper procedure. I think you would be hard put to find a rich Thai person who attained their wealth without being involved in corruption...either giving the funds or taking them.

Chownah

Some real education and a decent choice of clean politicians should do the trick........... :o

This is all business as usual in Thailand. The only difference was that Thaksin actually shared some of his ill-gotten gains with the populance.

The motives of the current government were good, but it looks more and more like everyone -other than heroin dealers - would be better off if he had been allowed to finish his term legally. :o