The bars are actually helping hinder trafficking, with their high fines now.

WEBBYB808

Before I begin, let it be known that there are apps on android and other options than the bars, so it doesn't  affect those in the know.  

It is a sad, but true fact that the social  economically challenged  come from the villages and towns in some of the countries poorest areas.  Covid did not create any favors or make it easier for these people.  It also created a hardship on the bars, who find themselves  behind in the rent and in debt.  Their answer is to pass their debt on to their patrons and their employees. It is often said that the procurers earn free money on the backs of those they exploit,  now it would seem more than ever, they have gotten greedy.  

There are pimps in other countries that force their prostitutes to work for free, and take all their money.  Either they control them with fear, or a twist on love "Patty Hurst Syndrome style," and it would appear that in a turn of economics and debt upon the local bar owners that they are doing this in a similar but different  way. 

There are terms many are familiar  with in the seedy circles, ST, LT, BF, Tea money and so forth.   So, it is now that the debt the bars have occurred because of covid that are being passed on and swindled  from thei patrons and the ladies and men working the bars. 

In a nut shell the bar fines represented usualy on some social media as BF, are now 1000thb.  Any one familiar with the way the night life operates,  that is the exact same cost some ask for the privilege of company,  going to dinner, going on a date, ar similar.   So the bars now ask for an equal 50/50 and do none of the work.  Meaning patrons are not taking the ladies up on their offer, if they have to pay the bar the exact same fee.  How unfortunate and yet how wonderful for the Men and Women who sadly depend on this trade, due mostly to lack of skills, and do what they can to provide for their families.  But the greed now hinders and now indirectly protects and the workers as no ones taking them up on their offer. The greed of some bars are creating obstacles, exploiting customers, and in actuality helping fight the trafficking.   Who is willing to give these bars and pimps the ridiculous amounts?  

• Sad 1

Peak go-go bar was probably about ten years ago. Prosperity prior to Covid extended the plateau for a few years, during which time rents and associated costs skyrocketed, the girls became wiser to their options than the previous generations, and cash was splashed indiscriminately by new generations of punters. All that came to an end two years ago, and the conflict between authoritarian and liberal governments is likely to mean that the World has changed forever. In light of that, I'd say Thailand's illicit nightlife will probably slip into the same kind of slot seen in Rio or Hamburg.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Whale said:

So your peeve is you are being charged too much for your prostitution? 

What a mad post and title.

Don't want to pay bar fines .............................

I would suggest OP learns to use 'LINE', all the girls have an account and are happy to add most guys to their 'friends' list while drinking a 'lady drink'.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, lazygourmet said:

Well before that...

The beginning of the end started circa 2002 when Purachai was interior minister and launched his moral crusade.

It comes down to the groups that had monopolies on some sois, lets say like soi 6.  They found themselves  in debt for the rent, and raised both drink and fines.  Again I say, why would anyone give a bar money for nothing?  They arent doing anything  except exploiting  both customer and lady.  Could there ever be a better definition  of pimp?

• Sad 1

17 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Don't want to pay bar fines .............................

I would suggest OP learns to use 'LINE', all the girls have an account and are happy to add most guys to their 'friends' list while drinking a 'lady drink'.

I would suggest  more than Line, as the OP has been in Thailand  all throughout  the Covid situation,  and the opening  statement  said there are Social apps available.   Dont worry the Op has possesed their line, and other contact information  before the bars started exploiting  the ladies and customers with the gouging.   In fact the Op and the ladies realize that the bars are costing  the ladies money.  The OP and the ladies circumvent the barfines system, but thr Op felt others should know the rip off being perpetrated,  and give a heads up to the others that arent in the know.  Veitnam,  Cambodia,  Philippines,  Bogata...  looking far better these days.  Many friends are deciding not to come just because  of pimps now.

• Sad 1

53 minutes ago, Whale said:

So your peeve is you are being charged too much for your prostitution? 

What a mad post and title.

Not me Genius, as I know my way around the system.  But I felt it good to give the others a heads up to the situation unfolding  before they get here.  What a mad keyboard warrior you seem to be, never seeing the whole picture, just the attempt at belittling,  and yet you know nothing.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, WEBBYB808 said:

Not me Genius, as I know my way around the system.  But I felt it good to give the others a heads up to the situation unfolding  before they get here.  What a mad keyboard warrior you seem to be, never seeing the whole picture, just the attempt at belittling,  and yet you know nothing.

Oh I did not realise that it was an informative post for sex tourists.

My bad. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

17) You will not discuss the specifics of prostitution. Though Thailand has a visible sex industry, and acknowledgement of that fact is not forbidden, ASEAN NOW is not the place to seek or give information on this topic, regardless of your sexual habits, preferences or orientation.

//Closed//

• Like 2