Thailand pass and insurance companies still showing 20K

3 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

Don't the CCSA reccomendations have to be gazetted before the actual changes are made ?

Not if the changes fall within the authority granted by the ongoing emergency decree.

• Like 1

Serious question no agenda because since Covid reared its head I have not come to Thailand

Whether its $50k $20k or now the further reduced $10k are you/we obliged to use the insurance companies that were shown under the Thai pass website ??

Just doing few weeks ago a sample premium and the recommended Thai pass insurers premium was 6.2 times higher than if I had used my normal insurer out of the UK and it should be added that this had 100 + multiples of coverage compared to the Thai one ??

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Chivas said:

Whether its $50k $20k or now the further reduced $10k are you/we obliged to use the insurance companies that were shown under the Thai pass website ??

No

You can use any insurance that meets the requirements for the covid 19 insurance.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

No

You can use any insurance that meets the requirements for the covid 19 insurance.

So to be clear for myself the insurance coverage within the uploaded document needs to show $10,000 of Covid related insurance and all the rest is irrelevant as to what level ??

7 minutes ago, Chivas said:

So to be clear for myself the insurance coverage within the uploaded document needs to show $10,000 of Covid related insurance and all the rest is irrelevant as to what level ??

It would have to cover covid 19 treatment up to $10,000 and it would have to clearly state that on the policy or a certificate.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chivas said:

I got a letter from my insurance company (not Thai) to say covid was included upto xxxxxxxx dollars. I presented the letter. The letter did not state any other coverage.

What is it with people of Thailand pass and insurance companies that still, 3 days after the 

conditions has changed they still showing the 20K and a requirement? is it because the weekend

that prevented them from updating such important information to allow people to book and

apply for the Thailand Pass? or i'm asking too much here?...

• Confused 1

21 hours ago, Ralf001 said:

Don't the CCSA reccomendations have to be gazetted before the actual changes are made ?

The reality is yes.

I put a COE application in late Sept, just before all applications were suspended. they didn't pick them up again until late on the 30th Sept, got the rejection notice late evening.

21 hours ago, Spilornis said:

Just because they reduce the cover does not mean that the cost of the cover goes down. If 90%+ of claims are under US$10k the insurer's risk remains relatively unchanged.

What would change the premium dramatically is if insurers could issue the product with the consumer paying the first say US$2500

I think your logic is flawed, the premium is based on the cover advertised, if the actual claims fall below the premium limit the company profits, conversely they dont pay over the limit if the claim is over the limit. 

On 4/24/2022 at 5:48 AM, ubonjoe said:

It was the same when they lowered it to $20,000 from $50k.

Hello, UbonJoe, do you know if the insurance linked to a Visa Premier credit card is accepted ?

Mine includes Coivid-19 and covers up to 155 000 €

2 minutes ago, daejung said:

Hello, UbonJoe, do you know if the insurance linked to a Visa Premier credit card is accepted ?

Mine includes Coivid-19 and covers up to 155 000 €

Do you have one page you can upload where your insurance policy specifically states start date of coverage for covid greater than US$10k, then yes, it should be accepted 

In other words, Thailand makes sure as much as possible you have to buy their scam covid insurance to meet the above

14 minutes ago, aussiexpat said:

Do you have one page you can upload where your insurance policy specifically states start date of coverage for covid greater than US$10k, then yes, it should be accepted 

In other words, Thailand makes sure as much as possible you have to buy their scam covid insurance to meet the above

Yes, I can upload an insurance certificate both in french and english stating that amount in euros, including Covid-19.

So many people worry about the cost of insurance that I was thinking this free Visa Premier insurance might not be accepted.

Edited by daejung