Starting school after the term begun

Hi, I will arrive in Thailand with my 2 Thai daughters around 20 May and I have to find a school for them in Sriracha. I found a school St Paul convent and I would like to know if thai private school are taking kids after the term begun.

The official first day of school for government schools is May 17.  For private schools, it could be a little earlier. In any case it should not be an issue.  What would the alternative be ?  Make them wait 11 1/2 months for the start of the next school year ?

Make sure you have report cards to indicate what was their last completed grade.

My two Thai Grandsons moved in with me with their parents in March 2020 (both 9 yrs old  in May/June 2022) they have had very little online schooling for the last year, the actual government school was open/closed like a Yo-yo, we decided to keep them at home and tried our best teaching them like most people.

I recently suggested to their teachers that they lose one year and start again, they have said in an ideal world that would be okay but the government schools simply do not have the capacity to do this and instead ALL the kids were given a passing grade.

I can only hope that as these kids are all suffering with the same lack of education that the curriculum will be changed accordingly.

I have agreed for the new school year May 2022 to pay for extra schooling after school time in the afternoon and on Saturday mornings and that is enough, the kids also need there play time.

This is a problem the WORLD over, I do not blame the Thai's we will just have to see how they progress this year.

What similar experiences have others had?

What have you done about it?

Thanks

• 7 months later...