Has anyone got rejected when applying for a NON O or NON OA?

I am just applying for my NON O/A visa for Thailand. I am wondering has anyone had issues where the embassy refused to grant the visa. I have submitted documents but just curious how likely the Thai embassy would refuse the visa.  

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

Of course applications can be rejected.

Mine was....here is cut and paste from Thai embassy Canberra (Oz)

"Must be certified by a Justice of the Peace ".

So I used a JP to certify.

Turns out that the clerk dealing with application  didn't like the use of JP and insisted they be Notorized by lawyer. 

To be fair I note that my application fee was returned. 

8 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Turns out that the clerk dealing with application  didn't like the use of JP and insisted they be Notorized by lawyer. 

when I applied for my O-A visa, at the Thai consulate in Sydney, back in 2014 it was a requirement for all documents ( 3 copies of each ) to be notorised by a lawyer/solicitor or other official authorised to notarise documents. Certification by a JP was not accepted under any circumstances. Although the Thai Embassy web site clearly states certified by a JP, as per your copy and paste, it has never been accepted. Has always been a requirement for all documents to be notarised. Just another example of Thai official web sites having incomplete or inaccurate information on them.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bangkok19 said:

I wish the Sydney Consulate would update the Covid/Health Insurance requirements for O-A on their website.  As it is I'll be paying for 12 months cover but only staying 6 months. 

If applying for a Non-OA visa the medical/covid 19 insurance has to be valid for one year. It is the same requirement at all embassies and official consulates.

If using a Non-OA visa for entry the the medical/covid 19 insurance must be valid for you length of stay in the country you will get stamped in for using a OA visa issued after October 1st of 2021.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/28/2022 at 7:51 AM, DrJack54 said:

Strange. I applied in Sydney 2017 and 2019 for OA's using JP certified documents both times and accepted both times. Maybe it changed, or maybe as they say TIT. ???? 

On 4/28/2022 at 7:51 AM, DrJack54 said:

I used to get certification by a lawyer in my country. One year, the clerk processing the applications told me that a certification by a Justice of the Peace (done for free) was accepted. This clerk was not Thai. ????

But typically the Embassy clerk looks over the documents quickly, 'Record check, financial check, and doctor's check', and certification, and if there is an issue, the application is not 'rejected', the requestee is simply asked to modify the application, and come back with revised supporting documentation.

1 hour ago, Andre0720 said:

I used to get certification by a lawyer in my country. One year, the clerk processing the applications told me that a certification by a Justice of the Peace (done for free) was accepted. This clerk was not Thai. ????

But typically the Embassy clerk looks over the documents quickly, 'Record check, financial check, and doctor's check', and certification, and if there is an issue, the application is not 'rejected', the requestee is simply asked to modify the application, and come back with revised supporting documentation.

Your missing the point.

My application was rejected because a particular clerk did not accept the fact that my docs were certified by a JP.

Even though the web site indicates that JP is acceptable.

Still to this day states that. 

44 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Your missing the point.

My application was rejected because a particular clerk did not accept the fact that my docs were certified by a JP.

Even though the web site indicates that JP is acceptable.

Still to this day states that. 

Perhaps you are missing the point, and the satire... 

Read again: This clerk was not Thai. ????

And now, my point is that your application was not 'rejected' as such, but required to be modified, as per the interpretation of the Embassy clerk, who definitely feels empowered enough to ignore the written rules. (So perhaps a Thai national).

Just that 'rejection' appears to me to indicate a final decision on an application. So just the wording...

• Haha 1