Watching the girls: Preemptive measures taken against sex predators

geovalin

Some public schools have told their students not to go to school too early or leave late in the day.

Some state high schools in Phnom Penh have warned female students not to travel to school in the predawn hours of the morning or leave school late in the evening to avoid falling prey to sexual predators. An investigation by Khmer Times reporter at some high schools in the capital revealed that students, teachers and school principals have expressed deep concerns over the possibility of rape at state schools, especially in places where security is lax.

Leng Pheanou, a 15-year-old female student in grade 10, said the school’s announcement that students should only arrive in school 5 to 10 minutes before class made her uncomfortable.

“I was instructed not to come to school early and also not to leave late. This instruction was given after the Khmer New Year. “I know the announcement was made with good intentions but the advice disturbs me. It is scary to think that there may be sexual predators hanging out near my school and worse, in my school.

read more https://www.khmertimeskh.com/501065111/watching-the-girls-preemptive-measures-taken-against-sex-predators/

36851.jpg.b0bc407e5cdfe257db5b11703698350d.jpg