convert 30 days visa exempt to o non "o"

Hi All,

Hoping to come to Thailand after few years of absence  with 30 days visa exempt hopefully after May, am 74 years old Australian and have TWO question:

1. Best place to to convert to non O visa with an Agent?

2. How to get an unlimited DATA SIM?

18 minutes ago, sitta said:

1. Best place to to convert to non O visa with an Agent?

2. How to get an unlimited DATA SIM?

Where are you planning to live.

Do you have Thai bank account.

Is the plan for agent to cover all aspects of the non O and extension. Meaning not your 800k in the bank.

As for SIM any shopping mall can provide with various plans or PAYG.

Many threads discussing phone plans.

Edited by DrJack54

it would help if you said what area you are thinking of visiting, but off the top of my head i would think pattaya would have a lot more agents in a smaller area.

sim card available in arrivals at the airport, local 7/11 but not AIS, shopping malls, large grocery stores ie Lotus's or big C, or on line lazada or shopee

4 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Is the plan for agent to cover all aspects of the non O and extension. Meaning not your 800k in the bank.

Correct, at this time thinking of visiting or Living area is open..

As for SIM Looking for something like The AIS 10Mbps unlimited data SIM from a shop front, possible?

Edited by sitta

34 minutes ago, sitta said:

Correct, at this time thinking of visiting or Living area is open.

There are numerous options for agents. 

Pattaya in particular has numerous ones and good service.

Also cheaper than options in Bangkok. 

Here is a thread that deals with Pattaya.

Edited by DrJack54

37 minutes ago, sitta said:

Thanks, then Pattaya it is..

Maneerat on Soi Post Office 13/2 is very popular and is often recommended.

KeyVisa has UK manager so that might be option if preferred dealing with English speaker..

There are plenty. 

10 minutes ago, sitta said:

As for 10Mbps unlimited data SIM, any chance of getting it other than Online?

There is a sub forum that deals with everything related to mobile phones and plans.

Here is a current thread that will take you that forum.

Check out the threads or even start a topic if your question not covered. 

1 hour ago, sitta said:

Ok, will try Maneerat on Soi Post Office 13/2 first.

You definitely want to get it online.  pick your carrier and search in Lazada.

For 800 to 1200 baht you can get unlimited data at 10mbs for an entire YEAR,   which is what they charge you monthly from a store front/mall.

1500 and you can get 20mbs.  again, unlimited.  

We stream all our tv thru this too so we don't pay internet at home.  Zero issues.

• Like 1

Dart 12 Wow that seems good value.  I pay AIS about 299-399 monthly for a mediocre data plan which has many data warnings and stops at 5 gbs.  Our internet at home 3 BB is 7000 baht a year  (with a free month if paid yearly) to drive a set top android box.  Can you PM me more details of the on line purchase please.  Thanks

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Postmaster said:

Dart 12 Wow that seems good value.  I pay AIS about 299-399 monthly for a mediocre data plan which has many data warnings and stops at 5 gbs.  Our internet at home 3 BB is 7000 baht a year  (with a free month if paid yearly) to drive a set top android box.  Can you PM me more details of the on line purchase please.  Thanks

You have to get a new phone number each year is the only draw back.  Not a big deal if you phone allows 2 sim cards though.  If it does, you can keep your old number.

Data is truly unlimited.  GF beats it up watching tiktok and IG reels and video ALL day plus movies on TV same time.

There are many seller s if you search Lazada.  You may prefer AIS or TRUE,  this is DTAC whihc works fine in my area.  I know it's not great in some other parts of thailand.

This is who I purchased from 2 seperate cards.

Just look at bottom of page for more sellers with similar offers, or go to this sellers full product page to see many other choices of data plans and carrier plans.  

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/i882116731-s1775722245.html?urlFlag=true&mp=1

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Lite Beer said:

You do not need an agent. Easy to do yourself unless you are trying to go the illegal route.

You do not need to put 800k in a Thai bank account getting sweet FA interest. Easy to find at least 5% yield in an investment portfolio unless you are... I'll leave the rest to your vivid imagination ????????????

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sitta said:

Ok, will try Maneerat on Soi Post Office 13/2 first.

I used Maneerat back in December on the recommendation of a mate who has been here a while who got the recommend from another mate who's been here even longer. very happy with their service and they speak English very well.

ps. Nan at the front desk is fantastic, a bit easier to understand than the guy in the middle desk.