Many consumer products in Thailand about to increase in price

snoop1130

On 4/30/2022 at 11:30 AM, Bangkok Barry said:

There aren't many earning 10,000 a month these days. There's a fast-growing middle class. Single mothers are struggling anywhere, and the growing number of single parents problem isn't being addressed at source, anywhere that I can see. It's certainly a huge problem in my native UK, with almost all those shown visiting food banks are in that position. I have no idea why, now, so many couples split up. There seems to be so little compromise, gave and take, which any marriage needs to make it work. That appears to have gone out of fashion, yet it isn't talked about or addressed at all. And, of course, split families lead to all kinds of other problems, such as what was a family needing two houses whereas before only one was needed, which leads to more demand which leads to higher prices.

Your right there aren't many, there are lots and lots of people earning under 10000 baht a month, especially here in Isaan where the majority of the population live.

Neighbours Daughter works for a well known Supermarket and she says they are suffering from ever greater numbers of Thai Shoplifters; mainly of food items and when caught they all breakdown and say they have no money for food or to feed their Families.    Timebomb waiting to explode methinks.

Edited by trainman34014

3 hours ago, bert bloggs said:

Luckily our son has a high paying career,he earns 3 times this ,but still complains ,his girlfriend also earns quite a good salery ,but is always broke ,mind you she always has something new to wear

We have a friend who's Son gets 45,000 a month in a really good job but he's always broke because he went out and took Credit on a Crew Cab Pick-Up just for show that he didn't need and wastes loads on Gambling, Drinking, Smoking etc and instead of getting his own place or saving for one he still lives with Mum.   His Mum is not happy but he's told her that he is staying there until she dies and he gets the House !

13 hours ago, Meat Pie 47 said:

Australias figure is 5.1 % and the best figure is Western Australia with only 3.6 %

Tell me you are Australian, without telling me you are Australian ????

You are right, of course. But, it's not good news for any country, as much as we would wish upon a star that inflation is "transitory".

On 4/30/2022 at 6:56 PM, SoilSpoil said:

The price of eggs hasn't increased the last half year, but the size has. We are getting size 3 instead of 0 or 1 for the same price. Also Nescafe Red has gone from 200 grams a bag (2 years ago) to 180 and now 160 grams. But the price stays the same. There is no inflation! 

it's called shrinkflation...

7 hours ago, trainman34014 said:

We have a friend who's Son gets 45,000 a month in a really good job but he's always broke because he went out and took Credit on a Crew Cab Pick-Up just for show that he didn't need and wastes loads on Gambling, Drinking, Smoking etc and instead of getting his own place or saving for one he still lives with Mum.   His Mum is not happy but he's told her that he is staying there until she dies and he gets the House !

⁸actually thats about what our son earns,but he has the mortgage on our house,although i pay more than half of it ,and his car is paid for.

• Like 1