Arrive 8th, Visa extension before 25th?

Just visa exempt. I was thinking I could directly apply for the 60 day covid extension before the 30 day normal extension. It's 100% not possible?? Maybe I'll try it and see what they say on the day, might get lucky

33 minutes ago, kman90 said:

Just visa exempt. I was thinking I could directly apply for the 60 day covid extension before the 30 day normal extension. It's 100% not possible?? Maybe I'll try it and see what they say on the day, might get lucky

I very much doubt it.

In any event the visa exempt entry + 30 day extension takes to approx July 8. 

Thinking a border run by then may be simple. 

How long are you hoping to stay in Thailand..

48 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

I very much doubt it.

In any event the visa exempt entry + 30 day extension takes to approx July 8. 

Thinking a border run by then may be simple. 

How long are you hoping to stay in Thailand..

5 months I was thinking, then to Australia in October. So it would have been just 1 re-entry. I didn't do a land border run the last time as I thought it was only 15 days, will definitely look in to it this time

2 minutes ago, RedArmy said:

Little heads up - If applying for your 30 day extension to your visa exempt entry in Phuket - No need to go to the Main Immigration Office in Phuket Town - Can be done in the small tourist friendly IO in Patong.

I would imagine that you would need this extension 1st, before any possible Covid Extensions which are currently only available untill 24th May.

With land borders, opening up, its not looking likely, that these will continue - But hey, this is Thailand, hopefully they will extend the order untill 24th July, for those that require them.

I did 2 extensions in the main Phuket town office last time, 1 took long but 1 only took 15 mins. But will definitely have a look at that Patong one thins time, nice one for the shout. Yeah would be nice, they should just do 3 months visa exempt for all western countries try absorb some of the European summer tourism

3 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

IMO you should have obtained a setv with a 30 day extension followed by one border bounce with extension = 5 months. 

Yes that's what I was planning to do that but I'm Irish and they closed the Thai consulate here I think, so I would have to send my passport to London and it could have been held up for weeks

11 minutes ago, kman90 said:

Yes that's what I was planning to do that but I'm Irish and they closed the Thai consulate here I think, so I would have to send my passport to London and it could have been held up for weeks

You don't send your passport anywhere.  You apply online.  Might be a bit short of time now though.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Upnotover said:

You don't send your passport anywhere.  You apply online.  Might be a bit short of time now though.

Really? Damn... In 2019 I had to send my passport to London, didn't know it had changed

40 minutes ago, Upnotover said:

No personal experience but within a week it is suggested; 

Thanks I've applied to it now, will call the embassy on Monday and try push it though quicker too ????