60 day evisa days after Thai pass approved for 30 days, ok?

Hey all,

I got my Thai pass approved and put "Estimated Date of Departure" as 29 days when filling, to be safe.

But I applied for a 60 day e-visa now and it's awaiting €30 payment to begin processing.

Are these affected by one another?

Would it be stupid to should up with a 60 day visa if my Thai pass shows 29 days when they scan it?

Thanks

35 minutes ago, Ohyesuare said:

Even though the Thai Pass is only to check your vaccination and insurance, I would reapply, why risk problems or delays, the turnaround time is very quick now anyway.

The e-visa turnaround is quick? So pay the €30, get the evisa, then re-apply for the thai pass?

51 minutes ago, kman90 said:

The e-visa turnaround is quick? So pay the €30, get the evisa, then re-apply for the thai pass?

Thai Pass turnaround is much quicker now that they don't have to verify bookings with hotels. If it was me, I would reapply after getting approved for and receiving the e-visa, yes. I haven't seen the new iteration of the Thai Pass but the old one specifically asked information about your arrival/departure? date, visa etc.. so last thing you need is an Immigration Officer deciding to give you a hard time because of something not matching when it's easy to just apply again with the correct details. I've experienced nonsensical hassles a few times back in the day so just trying to save you the possibility of it happening to you.

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Ohyesuare said:

Thai Pass turnaround is much quicker now that they don't have to verify bookings with hotels. If it was me, I would reapply after getting approved for and receiving the e-visa, yes. I haven't seen the new iteration of the Thai Pass but the old one specifically asked information about your arrival/departure? date, visa etc.. so last thing you need is an Immigration Officer deciding to give you a hard time because of something not matching when it's easy to just apply again with the correct details. I've experienced nonsensical hassles a few times back in the day so just trying to save you the possibility of it happening to you.

Cheers. Any idea of the e-visa turn around time? Would need it by Sunday :/..

2 hours ago, kman90 said:

Cheers. Any idea of the e-visa turn around time? Would need it by Sunday :/..

No idea unfortunately. Maybe if you say what country's embassy you submitted it to, someone can answer that.

The TP is only for entry and no reason to re-apply (or revise your information, which has same effect - cancels current application and restarts the process).

There is no linkage between visa application and TP. And the departure date you put in is just "estimnated".

One could easily have a TR valid for 60 day stay and still leave after 29 days.