Payment options for the Pattaya City annual property tax

Guderian

The bill finally arrived, just over 500 Baht so another very useful discount. I remember a year ago when I sent the GF to City Hall to pay that they told her she could pay now at certain banks like SCB. Does anyone know if you can pay it at a 7-eleven, it's got a bar code on it just like, say, a utility bill? Or maybe in a Lotus's''s' Express or a Mini Big C? It's just that these days there's not that many bank branches around with so many closing, whereas there's still a 7-eleven every 100 yards or so it seems.

Edited by Guderian

12 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Is there a Line ID on the document? there was on mine, you could ask them

There's a QR code but I don't know if it's LINE. I don't have LINE Pay anyway.

Why would you not pay it at City Hall where there is a huge discount. My last bill was 890 baht and when I paid it they only asked for about 90 baht. It took less than 5 minutes.

Edited by aussiexpat
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, aussiexpat said:

Why would you not pay it at City Hall where there is a huge discount. My last bill was 890 baht and when I paid it they only asked for about 90 baht. It took less than 5 minutes.

That's an option but I don't think the fact you paid it at City Hall had any connection to the discount. No discount this year.

19 hours ago, aussiexpat said:

mine is 24 baht a year 1 bed condo  our omo office charges me 100 baht to pay it

5 hours ago, kinyara said:

That's an option but I don't think the fact you paid it at City Hall had any connection to the discount. No discount this year.

Massive discount was already on invoice to drop it to 890 baht. So was very happy and surprised when city hall asked me to pay only 10% of the discounted price

9 minutes ago, aussiexpat said:

Massive discount was already on invoice to drop it to 890 baht. So was very happy and surprised when city hall asked me to pay only 10% of the discounted price

It's 0.02% of appraisal value, so if the charge pre discount was 890 baht then value around 4.45m? then they discounted it 90%, but this year meant to be no discount

• Like 1

2 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

It's 0.02% of appraisal value, so if the charge pre discount was 890 baht then value around 4.45m? 

Actually it's 6m, but Thailand tax was kind enough to value upstairs at 30k sqm, while downstairs was at the sale price of 60k sqm

No idea why they valued it that way, but happy to pay less tax (your 4.45m is what they valued it at)

Edited by aussiexpat

On 5/4/2022 at 10:03 AM, Guderian said:

The bill finally arrived, just over 500 Baht so another very useful discount.

Is there any discount this year 2022/23? I got a 90% discount last yeat but nothing this year. Calculated as 0.02% of quoted value, for me 558 baht.

I went to the SCB branch I use near Walking Street yesterday to pay the bill. The lady looked at it dubiously, then said I must go to Krung Thai bank to pay it as it has a tiny Krung Thai logo on it, SCB cannot process this bill, impossible, please leave farang! OK, she didn't actually say that last bit, but I could see that's what she wanted, so I left. The bill has a bar code as well as a QR code, yet it seems that SCB can't take the payment on behalf of Krung Thai. The banking system here is even more backwards than I'd thought. They probably abandoned Windows XP a few years back because it was too advanced for them, lol.

Anyway, in the evening I was checking the balance of my accounts on the SCB app on my phone and I saw that it has a QR code scan function which I've never used, so I tried it. The bill details appeared on the screen and it asked me if I wanted to pay it, so I pressed yes and got a downloadable receipt. That seems to have worked, anyway, and a lot easier than trying to find a nearby branch of Krung Thai, never mind having the SCB staff raise silver crucifixes and sprinkle holy water around the place whenever I enter a branch.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Guderian said:

Anyway, in the evening I was checking the balance of my accounts on the SCB app on my phone and I saw that it has a QR code scan function which I've never used, so I tried it. The bill details appeared on the screen and it asked me if I wanted to pay it, so I pressed yes and got a downloadable receipt. That seems to have worked, anyway, and a lot easier than trying to find a nearby branch of Krung Thai, never mind having the SCB staff raise silver crucifixes and sprinkle holy water around the place whenever I enter a branch.

I was forced to open a Krungthai account to get my witholding tax refund. They seem to be the one associated  with Government Issues. Branches at the Beach end of Klang, Naklua and Central Festival. There was one in Harbor Mall but it closed. They seem okay, but do things differently than my other Bank. Branch has always been empty when I go there but they still manage to take forever and use half a tree each time.  Always been impressed with the level of English spoken there. 

Edited by jacko45k

On 5/11/2022 at 5:35 AM, jacko45k said:

I was forced to open a Krungthai account to get my witholding tax refund. They seem to be the one associated  with Government Issues. Branches at the Beach end of Klang, Naklua and Central Festival. There was one in Harbor Mall but it closed. They seem okay, but do things differently than my other Bank. Branch has always been empty when I go there but they still manage to take forever and use half a tree each time.  Always been impressed with the level of English spoken there. 

So you didn't go the e-card route at Krungthai like many?

This year I (and others) were sent cheques which is how it used to be so not sure why it has reverted.

11 hours ago, topt said:

So you didn't go the e-card route at Krungthai like many?

This year I (and others) were sent cheques which is how it used to be so not sure why it has reverted.

Well I opened the account some years ago now.... I couldn't even get a tax-card to show them as the revenue office has stopped issuing them, (so I was told.) Anyhow, no harm having another account with the reduced level of guarantee that has been introduced. 

• 1 year later...