Amulet praised after Thai father survives shotgun blast to the head - police not mentioned

webfact

3pm.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

A Thai father was in no doubt why he survived a shotgun blast to the head and back.

It was because he had remembered to take his Luang Phor Pao amulet out with him.

In fact he never leaves home without it, because its protective qualities are so renowned.

Praphai Theppawan, 45, had been concerned that his son had not come home in the village in Kosamphi in Kamphaengphet in Thailand's north west. 

He found his son arguing with a a rival group and tried to intervene to stop the trouble.

That was when he was blasted with a Thai made shotgun that lodged 50 pellets in his head and back.

3pm1.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

He staggered back home covered in blood and relatives took him to the local hospital where he spent 2 days. 

Medics removed most of the pellets but kept some in his head for now; they were worried about damaging nerves.

But for Praphai and other villagers it was all about the amulet after the incident on April 23rd in Soi Resort. 

So much so that Thai Rath didn't even bother with quoting any police or mentioning a possible investigation, notes ASEAN NOW. 

1 minute ago, TropicalGuy said:

Seriously believe a western shotgun at point blank range would not have ended him !?

As I said makes no different what a cartridge load is fired from when the trigger pin strikes.

I don't know that it was at point blank range I would say no way was it. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, webfact said:

It was because he had remembered to take his Luang Phor Pao amulet out with him.

Don't leave home without it. 

So many happy ending Amulet stories. ????????????????????????????

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, ezzra said:

When you have nothing, sometimes superstitions and the belief in superpowers is all they have...

Pretty sure ALL religions in the world have leaders that have more wealth than their weight in gold - religion pays well , you just need to get up the ladder

Don't know what kind of ammo the thug used but a birdshot shotgun shell fired from a 2 or 3 inch barrel of a homemade Pradit break action handgun shotgun would fortunately come out slower than from a factory made shotgun with a 16" plus barrel. These guns are likely to blow up in the users hand as they don't have chambers strengthened to take a 12 guage shell.  Perhaps they opt for lighter loads like birdshot, if they know this, or even open the rounds to remove some of the powder to make it safer for the shooter.  Who knows what these idiots do? 

I remember a great story of a gang member in Chiang Mai who put a loaded and cocked Pradit shotgun down the front of his jeans in preparation for a gang fight. Unfortunately, having no functional safety, the gun discharged in his jeans blowing his private parts into oblivion.  He died in agony and genderless in hospital a few hours later.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Kwasaki said:

Yeah homemade refill cartridge I would say was used unless he was a fair distance away, something like 30 metres. 

No cartridge

This is what they use, a "Thai made shotgun" :

image.jpeg.1ae6f7d75a580b11cd5eb2606121f921.jpeg

image.jpeg.3901d92da66a5d75293560045968e9ad.jpeg

Small bore, loose powder and shot (maybe bagged), muzzle loaded, percussion cap ignition, low power.

That's why he's alive.

Edited by Enoon

2 hours ago, Enoon said:

No cartridge

This is what they use, a "Thai made shotgun" :

image.jpeg.1ae6f7d75a580b11cd5eb2606121f921.jpeg

image.jpeg.3901d92da66a5d75293560045968e9ad.jpeg

Small bore, loose powder and shot (maybe bagged), muzzle loaded, percussion cap ignition, low power.

That's why he's alive.

Nah dunno what your on about I've inspected those flint lock guns in the picture.

Some really have a beautiful finish.

Sawn off you maybe could load it with lead shot but as usual on Asiennow never any details.
From the pictures of the victim from what I've seen I would say they shotgun cartridge wounds.