Satellite Z box Thai TV Programs

carlyai

We have a satellite dish connected to a Zbox. It's a free-to-air Thai TV box setup. We used to get main Thai TV channels plus other junk. 

I've been away for awhile and seems the TV channels stopped working some time ago. Some selling channels are working but the others show 'no signal' written in Thai.

As some channels are working  I presume the dish, feed, hardware box is working. I'm wondering if there was a satellite shift or Z box upgrade while I was away. Anyone any idea?

you may have to reset the box as many satellite channels were moved from the C band to the K band or try a manual search/update to see if it works

• Like 2

Check all your connections by removing them physically and reinserting especially if the connectors from the setup box to TV are banana plugs. Pull them out and reinsert with a twisting motion to create good contact. How is the line-of-sight of your dish? Is it obstructed by tree growth. Just as heavy rain will cause attenuation of the satellite signal so will physical obstructions. I had the same problem as you after two years absence (HD Smile box) and was getting intermittent signal and 'no signal' messages. Cleaning the connectors seems to have fixed it. Three years ago I had to physically relocate the dish to get clear line-of-sight. Also switch off power to the box completely by removing the power in jack. Reconnect after about a minute. This should ensure the internal memory clears completely. Remember, it's a computer and as with a PC that is not working correctly, reset by switching off then switching on. ????

• Like 1

I lost this post and thanks for the answers.

The dish mounting had come lose and the dish moved which was one problem. Also as mentioned the channels had moved and a difficult job to manually recover them. Seems they are now only shop channels with no Thai TV, 7, 3  etc.

3 hours ago, carlyai said:

I lost this post and thanks for the answers.

The dish mounting had come lose and the dish moved which was one problem. Also as mentioned the channels had moved and a difficult job to manually recover them. Seems they are now only shop channels with no Thai TV, 7, 3  etc.

My digital box had not been ON or two years. Now it sucks in myriad shopping channels but the only Thai Tv Channels properly received are 5 and 7 in HD all others are garbled to a degree, Good enough or my missus it seems. The STB is a Smile HD Digital. I do have an older PSI Digital STB and will give that a try by swapping in.

• Like 1