ThailandPass

Hi all, I am fully vaccinated and in the U.K. I know it is not necessary now to book a hotel before applying for Thailand Pass but can anybody please tell me if I need to book a flight and then apply

Thanks for any help given.

9 minutes ago, StayinThailand2much said:

What happens if I travel overland? And does the Thailand Pass ask for my home country (as departure point), or for the country I am arriving from?

When you start the application process you click on either air entry or land entry. Naturally, for entry by land there is no flight number.

They will ask for the country you are travelling from (point of departure) and also ask for your nationality and home country permanent address.

Be forewarned that TP approvals for land travel seem for some reason to be taking longer than for air travel, at least at present.6-7 days  vs just 1-2. I have no idea why. Hopefully a temporary glitch, maybe different people are assigned to them and they underestimated the surge in demand for land entries as borders opened.

• Like 2

Also, be warned, I am informed by a friend who is returning from the US at the end of May, (having gone only for 4 weeks), that the insurance he wanted from the Thailand Pass (through the "gateway"?) wasn't working, (cost THB695), so he had to buy another insurance @ THB3900. May also be a temporary glitch, but another pain/scam which highlights the stupidity of the TP.

1 hour ago, samtam said:

Also, be warned, I am informed by a friend who is returning from the US at the end of May, (having gone only for 4 weeks), that the insurance he wanted from the Thailand Pass (through the "gateway"?) wasn't working, (cost THB695), so he had to buy another insurance @ THB3900. May also be a temporary glitch, but another pain/scam which highlights the stupidity of the TP.

There are other insurers which are much less expensive like

https://AQ.in.th/MSIG

We have noticed general issues sometimes with FWD's payment processing.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, ThaiVisaCentre said:

There are other insurers which are much less expensive like

Indeed less expensive, however I just now did random run and premium for 30 days was 1780baht. 

Don't want it. Hoping insurance requirement goes in the bin where it belongs

Screenshot_20220505-134808.jpg

On 5/5/2022 at 1:50 PM, DrJack54 said:

Indeed less expensive, however I just now did random run and premium for 30 days was 1780baht. 

Don't want it. Hoping insurance requirement goes in the bin where it belongs

Screenshot_20220505-134808.jpg

Be forewarned this company refuses to change effective date, even by 1-2 days, once the policy is issued. So if you get this, be 100% sure your travel date won't change.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Sheryl said:

Be forewarned this company refuses to change effective date, even by 1-2 days, once the policy is issued. So if you get this, be 100% sure your travel date won't change.

Did the date already pass?

Please contact us here if you have an issue like this, and purchased through our compare page - [email protected]

Just now, ThaiVisaCentre said:

Did the date already pass?

Please contact us here if you have an issue like this, and purchased through our compare page - [email protected]

No, the date did not pass. The effective date was originally 11 May and entry date will now be 13 May. Still within the Thailand Pass validity period.  In addition, this policy was not used for the TP application, the TP was received based on other insurance. But the insurer still advises that they cannot alter the effective date.  (Specifically they said we would have to buy and pay for a new policy first, and after that they would refubnd the first payment - something we are not inclined to risk). Actually considering just cancelling it as TP was received based on other insurance.

13 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

No, the date did not pass. The effective date was originally 11 May and entry date will now be 13 May. Still within the Thailand Pass validity period.  In addition, this policy was not used for the TP application, the TP was received based on other insurance. But the insurer still advises that they cannot alter the effective date.  (Specifically they said we would have to buy and pay for a new policy first, and after that they would refubnd the first payment - something we are not inclined to risk). Actually considering just cancelling it as TP was received based on other insurance.

Were they able to offer a full refund if you cancel?

Some insurers just advise refundable cancellation, and repurchase of the policy with the amendments.

Edited by ThaiVisaCentre

Just now, ThaiVisaCentre said:

Were they able to offer a refund if you cancel?

Some insurers just advise refundable cancellation, and repurchase of the policy with the amendments.

We have not yet asked about cancellation. But the policy terms seem to say it is possible prior to the effective date.

What they have advised is to purchase (and pay for) a new policy first, then get a refund on the old one. Which we are not going to risk doing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sheryl said:

We have not yet asked about cancellation. But the policy terms seem to say it is possible prior to the effective date.

What they have advised is to purchase (and pay for) a new policy first, then get a refund on the old one. Which we are not going to risk doing.

I think some insurers do not actually have the ability to make amendments in their system due to possible price changes (even if the term is not actually changing).

Far from ideal but It should not impact your application, we have seen many travelers make these types of changes without issue.