Resort Samed

federico

Hi everybody,

Wifee and i are wondering about spending a week or so in Samed when we’ll be in Thailand in June and july.

What do you think about it and do you guys have some tips about a good resort close to a beach not too expensive but clean and nice, and about the area where to look for ? We are not too much on bars and nightlife but appreciate good restaurants and live music !

thank’s in advance for your answers !

cheers

Fred

I went to Samed in February.  I would say that near enough all the hotels/resorts are close to the beaches.  

We stayed in a hotel called Avata, right opposite the beach, however you need to be fit as there is a hill to negotiate. 

The island is small and really dependent on good weather as there is not much to see apart from the beaches.

My Thai brother inlaw and his wife  drove from Buriram to  Koh Samed last weekend, and said they will call in  to Pattaya on their way home in a few days time, much to our surprise  & no phone call they arrived that same evening, saying how disappointed they were with so much garbage  on  the 3 beaches that they  had visited before deciding  not to stay  on the island...... Give Koh Chang a try .. its much better, but further

Edited by actonion

3 hours ago, federico said:

Wifee and i are wondering about spending a week or so in Samed when we’ll be in Thailand in June and july.

Two nights is more than enough.

Nowhere to go and nothing to see and the beaches have bitey sand flies.

The water was nice though, if a bit shallow.

• Like 1

On 5/6/2022 at 8:03 AM, actonion said:

My Thai brother inlaw and his wife  drove from Buriram to  Koh Samed last weekend, and said they will call in  to Pattaya on their way home in a few days time, much to our surprise  & no phone call they arrived that same evening, saying how disappointed they were with so much garbage  on  the 3 beaches that they  had visited before deciding  not to stay  on the island...... Give Koh Chang a try .. its much better, but further

disappointed they were with so much garbage..........so went to Pattaya????

17 hours ago, Sametboy2019 said:

disappointed they were with so much garbage..........so went to Pattaya????

Yes, to stay with us, where they dont have to pay  to be surrounded  with garbage...