Postman's wife killed in head on collision with 10 wheel truck in south - 'lap nai' blamed

webfact

8pm.jpg

Picture: Siam Rath

Microsleep - lap nai in Thai - when a driver drops off momentarily behind the wheel, was blamed for a tragic accident in the south of Thailand.

A Thailand Post worker called Pramote, 52, had left a Hat Yai depot earlier in the afternoon on a parcel delivery run all up Route 41, reported Siam Rath.

He had reached the Ban Tham Yai area of Nakhon Sri Thammarat in his 6 wheeler when a 10 wheel truck on the other side of the road heading south went over the central reservation and collided head on.

Join our daily ASEAN NOW Thailand Newsletter - Click to subscribe

Pramote survived and was taken to Thung Song hospital after being cut out of the wreckage. His 47 year old wife Prapha, also a postal worker, died instantly in the front passenger seat. 

When Thung Song police and rescue services arrived the driver of the 10 wheeler was nowhere to be found. 

He had clearly awoken and fled the scene.

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2022-05-06

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information

• Sad 3

21 minutes ago, hughrection said:

Look at the passenger side - that lady was not wearing a seat belt and excited the vehicle through the windscreen. ???? 

You should had taken the time to read the full report. The white truck was the one that crossed over and hit the mail transport.  The injured husband and the body of his deceased wife were both extricated from the cab. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, tweedledee2 said:

You should had taken the time to read the full report. The white truck was the one that crossed over and hit the mail transport.  The injured husband and the body of his deceased wife were both extricated from the cab. 

Where is the full report(Link Please)? This article says the 10 wheeler crossed the line not the postal truck. It also states that the driver of the 10 wheeler fled the scene

5 hours ago, hughrection said:

Look at the passenger side - that lady was not wearing a seat belt and excited the vehicle through the windscreen. ???? 

1 hour ago, RobU said:

Where is the full report(Link Please)? This article says the 10 wheeler crossed the line not the postal truck. It also states that the driver of the 10 wheeler fled the scene

It seems that you as well as hughrection did not read the full story or you both lack reading comprehension. 

In the first paragraph, after the bold-type header, is the name of the postal truck driver and his age.

The second paragraph, describes how the accident occurred.

The third paragraph, explains that the postal driver was taken to a hospital, after being cut out of the wreckage and that his deceased wife was in the front passenger seat.

From the photograph of the scene and from reading the article, I ascertained that the husband and wife were in the RED truck which is the official color of "Thailand Post" vehicles and not the white truck, which has no extrication damage to the drivers side.

My analyst was confirmed after reading the full report by clicking on the underlined Siam Rath at the end of the first paragraph. 

10 hours ago, hughrection said:

1 hour ago, tweedledee2 said:

It seems that you as well as hughrection did not read the full story or you both lack reading comprehension. 

In the first paragraph, after the bold-type header, is the name of the postal truck driver and his age.

The second paragraph, describes how the accident occurred.

The third paragraph, explains that the postal driver was taken to a hospital, after being cut out of the wreckage and that his deceased wife was in the front passenger seat.

From the photograph of the scene and from reading the article, I ascertained that the husband and wife were in the RED truck which is the official color of "Thailand Post" vehicles and not the white truck, which has no extrication damage to the drivers side.

My analyst was confirmed after reading the full report by clicking on the underlined Siam Rath at the end of the first paragraph. 

Thank you I wasn't aware that Thailand PO trucks were red and I did get confused. I have also read the article and I agree  that the 10 wheeler white truck crossed the reservation and hit the red 6 wheeler mail truck the windshield on the passenger side of the white truck is relatively in place and you cannot see the passenger side of the red truck

I wonder if hughrection is american or canadian and perhaps is confused here since they drive on the wrong side of the road and the driver sits on the wrong side of the truck.???? (I am kidding hughrection) I am not sure if the American/canadian postal services drive red trucks. It is a mistake easily made.