Two NE boys set off on 1,450 km walk to Phuket to visit their cousin with 10 baht and a bag of bananas

webfact

2 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Two more boys under care of the grandparents.

Two of so many and not the best outcome.

Grandparents overburdened.

Where is this even implied ?  2 youngins out for a trek, without doing much research.

Simply wanted an out and about before school starts sometime next week.  People always try to make something out of nothing.  

• Like 2

7 hours ago, hughrection said:

or biology. ????

The merits of Thai education! I bet, they didn't have the faintest idea how far Phuket is from their home. At 12 years old, I would have known that such a quest was, practically, impossible. Never mind the long hike, but with a bag of bananas and a bottle of water? 

That the boys didn't think of visiting their parents in Phangnga first, is also telling, as they probably, at the age of 14 and 12, haven't learnt enough about the geography of their own country to know that Phangnga is just north of Phuket.

Edited by StayinThailand2much
  • Like 1

On 5/9/2022 at 10:32 PM, Iamfalang said:

I like the story.   Kids tried something extremely difficult, faced their fears, began their journey.  Not a bad ending, so it's a good lesson to them that they are not afraid to take a stand and do anything.   Sure, it's pretty impossible, but they started.   I don't consider them stupid, and maybe their goal was simply to see how far they could go.   Yea, it could've ending badly, but it didn't.  They will be wiser the next time.   Freedom, they felt it.   If only for a second, I'm sure they felt it.  The seed has been planted......they will not be slaves to the system.   

could have done a live stream on FB and raise funds along the way and make pit stops!

water and banana donations appreciated!  and a bucket shower!