Visa Turnaround Time May 2022 - Thai Consulate UK

You mean the Thai Embassy?

I haven't applied there for a few years but if you want a specific date, I believe you can make an appointment. Failing that, be there when they open.  From memory, I believe you will have to stay in London overnight though.

Thanks everyone...was also not up to speed that it is a central website for visas - thought each country had a visa application site - hence noob thread title above..can't remember how long ago it was since being in Thailand...left for 3 months and covid BROKE the WORLD.

According to the Thai Embassy in London insurance of $100,000 is needed when applying for a Non-O, im not sure if that high level of insurance is for a one year visa or if its also required for a single entry 90 day Non O, any experience anybody?   

47 minutes ago, Figglymiggly said:

According to the Thai Embassy in London insurance of $100,000 is needed when applying for a Non-O, im not sure if that high level of insurance is for a one year visa or if its also required for a single entry 90 day Non O, any experience anybody?   

That is a requirement for a Non-OA visa.

There website has been and now not show $100,000 of insurance for a Non-O visa

Near the end of this webpages are complete requirements. https://london.thaiembassy.org/en/publicservice/84508-non-immigrant-visas?page=5d6636cd15e39c3bd00072dd&menu=5f4b6eb3f6ae4b236972c562

Not sure the e visa site has the same info.

The best thing to do may be to enter visa exempt or a tourist visa and apply for the non-o visa at immigration.

Thanks for the reply ubonjoe, i have looked again at the Embassy website and i probably should have been more clear with my query, apologies. I would be applying for the 90 day Non O as someone on a state pension, obviously over 50, the requirement appears to be the bank statement showing pension/sufficient funds, no problem, residence confirmation and health insurance, inc Covid coverage, of no less than $100k for the duration of stay, so thats pretty definitive or has something changed more recently? 

6 minutes ago, Figglymiggly said:

Thanks for the reply ubonjoe, i have looked again at the Embassy website and i probably should have been more clear with my query, apologies. I would be applying for the 90 day Non O as someone on a state pension, obviously over 50, the requirement appears to be the bank statement showing pension/sufficient funds, no problem, residence confirmation and health insurance, inc Covid coverage, of no less than $100k for the duration of stay, so thats pretty definitive or has something changed more recently? 

That is medical insurance that also covers covid 19.

You would only need 90 days of insurance since the what the non-o allows for a permit stay when entering the country.

OK, so now getting that it was a central web portal for all visa applications..when you choose your country location/residency does all the paperwork and application get sent to the consulate in that country to process or is it processed in Thailand ?

Just wondered if they processed centrally in Thailand it may be slower vs being doing in the country you are in for only those citizens...

3 minutes ago, freedomnow said:

OK, so now getting that it was a central web portal for all visa applications..when you choose your country location/residency does all the paperwork and application get sent to the consulate in that country to process or is it processed in Thailand ?

The are processed at the Thai embassy or official consulate you submit the application to.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The are processed at the Thai embassy or official consulate you submit the application to.

OK, great I guess it directs me to UK  then from that main portal

Noticing so many bugs getting through the online application.

London consulate telling me one thing then different requirement steps on the site...

The footer information in the consulate emails still from last month saying covid test pre-departure for all...utter mess.

I had to upload a blank jpg for one question that had no checkbox to disable it for foreigners in order to submit my tourist visa.

I wonder if people don't report all these bugs for fear of having issues getting their visa..

Edited by freedomnow