Pool Not Clear - Please advise based on my water test

ElephantEgo

I was not always reliable in adding chlorine and I neglected pH for a long time.

Finally it was too cloudy so I test pH and it seemed too low, so I added a bag of soda ash. Also tried to shock with extra chlorine and add an clarifier/algaecide that I found on Lazada.

Now I did a water test as seen in the photo attatched. What should I try next to fix my pool water please?

280216695_551646552994198_1786067412676464958_n.jpg

279434280_411353210518668_8544764140013918373_n.jpg

3 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

You could try to empty the pool, clean it and refill. As much <deleted> you thrown in the water already, it´s damaged for life. 

Second that, only solution, pool water is all effd up

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bagwain said:

How old is your filter media.

Nothing will work if it is old & stuffed!

Sand last at best 2 yrs in Thailand!

It is beyond 2 years more like 3 now. Thank you for the advice. Others can concur?

Thanks also for the link @unheard Ive opened the same thread over there...

Change you filter media to Echo Clear Glass ,(I think that's what it's called.

I just came back from being away for a year, the pool water still looks good. My wife was here  but forgot how to backwash, so it never had a backwash all that time. Amazing.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, JakeR said:

It is beyond 2 years more like 3 now. Thank you for the advice. Others can concur?

Thanks also for the link @unheard Ive opened the same thread over there...

Be carefull on which one you choose. "Eco Clear" recycled plate glass is the one you want.

The other which is not the same is recycled bottled glass. (Worse than sand)

PM me for details.

Plate glass.jpg

Bottle Glass.jpg

Run the filter and pool vacuum, flush the filter and brush the surface a few times.

If that doesn't work, drain it and give the pool surfaces a chlorine bath by filling a plastic sprinkling can with chlorine and pour it down the sides and brush it.

Probably have some stubborn algae too, so ask your supplier about algaecide treatment.

Also get a real test kit.  Those strips are not accurate.   At minimum get fresh strips.   My only ex8is taking care of a bromine 400 gal hot tub for last 20 years and a 1 day pool spa certification needed for air BNB with those amenities. 

On 5/11/2022 at 10:07 AM, JakeR said:

Anyone with a better idea?

Forget the precious advices to throw away the water, the sand, the measurement or whatever.  Now, you have to be patient and run filtering 25h/d while frequently backwashing the filter.

You can add a floculator, in Thailand very easy available alum - in Thai SaanSom, what village people use for clearing their tanks with water pumped from ground. The alum 1 -2 kg half dispersed into pool. Then you can try to interrupt the filtering over night. Afterwards, next day, suck the bottom by vacuuming. And do filtering again. Within few days you will get it slowly clear. 

Such situation happens especially in springtime once you use against algae the chlorine only and do not maintain high chlorine level and the pH properly every day.  Unlike when using copper sulphate once in a month, then add a bit chlorine every week as a protection against bad germs. In that case you will not need to bother with measuring of pH and chlorine, the pH has no influence on water clarity.

In this way I am having clear water throughout all years, with water obtained from ground, never exchanged, just adding after backwashing and vacuuming, with sand over 10 years, with jungle around and without pH and chlorine measuring. 

The only disadvantage of copper sulphate: it's so cheap...   (but I do not sell it)      

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/3/2022 at 6:59 PM, JakeR said:

After vacuuming the bottom, it turned out that my pump chamber had lots of sand in it. I had to keep vacuuming a lot and keep removing the sand that built up, until it was all gone.  A few days later, my pool got clear again.

That's really advisable after each backwashing to clean the basket at the pump,  the leaves and grass take sometimes a great deal of pressure.  And when touching the bottom under the basket we can feel a fine sand that has to be drained by the drain bolt. The pump bearings will be thankful.

Not sure how the draining is done when the pump room is neatly carpeted.