One signal that can save your life

What would you do if nobody was around in this 'dangerous situation'?

This did make me laugh:

If you are caught in a dangerous situation and cannot scream for help, then hand signals could very well save your life.

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40015442

Feel free to copy and practice.

• Haha 1

If I saw that hand signal, I wouldn't have the foggiest.  If I can't see your face / eyes, I haven't a clue what your trying to signal.  Waving your arms around might get my attention, to look at you, but that's about it.

Happened at Kata Beach, Phuket, young chickie got my attention by waving arms and pointed.  I'm like WT F, until I saw her face, pure fear.  So much, I started looking around me in the water for Jaws.  

I was mid chest high deep, and I'm looking ... what do I see, her brother, about half way down, arm almost reaching toward me, bug eyed wide open, and he wasn't coming back up ... ????

Oh c r a p, simply reached over and yanked him up.  Picked him up, held on to him like a baby, as he apparently spent all is energy treading water as long as he did.  He could barely walk when he hit sand.  I had to take him all the way to his sister, who was crying her eyes out.

Within a minute, their parents are walking up berated them when they saw them.  Apparently now late for something, as they couldn't find them earlier.   Simply mind boggling.  They didn't have clue, and I wasn't sticking around to tell them, as figured that would just get them in more trouble 

But some silly hand gesture ... he'd be fish food, or floating over by Rawai by the time the tide came back in.

Edited by KhunLA