Reporting to Immigration after return to Thailand

I am sure there was a topic and an extract of the Immigration regulations for this .  Briefly , does one have to report to Immigration with a Non O-A visa after having departed  and then returned on the same visa to same address ?? I can't seem to find the info when I google this .

11 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

No.

You don't need to do anything

Is it different for the Visa he holds ?

I am on a retirement extension and in the past my wife who holds the house book has had to re register  me at our address on our return from leaving the country, we are in Chiang Mai Province.

A few years ago after going across into Burma for the day she didn’t do it and It was mentioned the next time I did the 90 day reporting.

33 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The rules for TM30 reporting were changed in June of 2020. A new report is not required in your case unless you enter with a new visa.

I have seen reports of Chiang Mai immigration asking for one even though it is not required. I guess they do not want to comply with the new regulation.

Thanks for that update as it’s more than two years since we have travelled it hasn’t been necessary.

Will speak to local Immigration Office.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

No.

You don't need to do anything

Thanks for that , I thought so .   Just want to be prepared for when I do my 90 day and they say "you haven't reported on your re-entry " !!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tracyb said:

Chiang Mai Immigration requires an update to existing tm30 when arriving back into the country.

It takes five minutes to do it.  One goes in and requests “an update”

It's not required and just Chiang Mai wishing to be different.

Better know as Rogue office. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jen65 said:

Thanks for that , I thought so .   Just want to be prepared for when I do my 90 day and they say "you haven't reported on your re-entry " !!!

Which immigration office?

As you can see in your thread, as per the norm in Thailand some offices do weird things.

CM requiring a TM30.

2 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Which immigration office?

As you can see in your thread, as per the norm in Thailand some offices do weird things.

CM requiring a TM30.

Chonburi.    One hopes that after the "Boss's" visit just recently when he told them to be nice to foreigners and no more brown envelopes ,  that they will stop being so dictatorial !! It would not be the first time they have given wrong information.

Jen65 - it might help if you read the topic I submitted in March "Caution from Immigration Police".

I went to the UK  Nov/Dec and then back to my home which is my registered Thai address.  When visited by the Immigration Police in March as part of my new marriage extension I was cautioned [politely] that leaving the country and returning WAS required to re-register - but travelling in Thailand was not.

As is pointed out many times, different Immigration Offices apply different rules.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, thonglorjimmy said:

The OP's profile suggests they're located in Jomtien, so maybe the office there.

Good pickup.

The bad news (if Jomtien) then after annual extension need to return to immigration to show bank book for money in bank method.

Another Rogue office.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Shannoblic said:

Jen65 - it might help if you read the topic I submitted in March "Caution from Immigration Police".

I went to the UK  Nov/Dec and then back to my home which is my registered Thai address.  When visited by the Immigration Police in March as part of my new marriage extension I was cautioned [politely] that leaving the country and returning WAS required to re-register - but travelling in Thailand was not.

As is pointed out many times, different Immigration Offices apply different rules.

so now we have two schools of thought on this , one says I do and the other I don't ??   This is specifically why I asked about this and created this thread .  

7 minutes ago, Jen65 said:

so now we have two schools of thought on this , one says I do and the other I don't ??

There is ONE school of thought.

The rules were changed (think June 2020?) so that a TM30 is not required for inter province travel and also international travel return to same address without new visa.

As always (unfortunately) there will always be the odd office that does not acknowledge new rules..

CM being one example

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

I agree Dr Jack.  However, raising matters about law when dealing with police is not really advisable when just doing what they want is so easy.

My local Immigration Office is very rural and small [I could fit the whole place in my lounge!].  Saying 'sorry' to the police and accepting what they say didn't cost and everything went smoothly.  I would rather go along with them that open a can of worms.  

• Like 1

@Jen65 don't understand the sad emoji.

Here is my first post......

"No.

You don't need to do anything"

As pointed out in thread there are couple of immigration offices that have not abided by change in laws.

Your office has.

So forget about the TM30 for situation you outline in OP.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

All I can do is state what the regulation issued in 2020 states. You can download it.

These from the pinned topic titled Laws, regulations, Police Orders, etc

Regulation For TM30 Reporting (June 2020) 41.16 kB · 272 downloads  

Immigration Regulation For TM30 Reporting (Thai Text June 2020) 1.14 MB · 148 downloads

Do You have Thai link? Apparently, CM immigration officers can not read English  

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Jen65 said:

Chonburi.    One hopes that after the "Boss's" visit just recently when he told them to be nice to foreigners and no more brown envelopes ,  that they will stop being so dictatorial !! It would not be the first time they have given wrong information.

You have been given the answer why do you have to ask the office. I also use Chonburi I have left the country and returned every year during the pandemic, I have obtained 2 retirement extensions and 2 re entry permit. It was not mentioned at all. Its not required, dont stress yourself out about it.

Just play safe.

Download the tm30 mobile app. Register the house owner (takes 5min) and put your name as living there. All procedure takes max 10min. Screenshot in every steps your doing. Thats it. No more nightmares when you are sleeping. Nothing to lose to do it. Thats what i did. 

If the immigration cannot find your tm30 or else, show the app, or screenshots. Really so easy with the mobile app.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

All I can do is state what the regulation issued in 2020 states. You can download it.

These from the pinned topic titled Laws, regulations, Police Orders, etc

Regulation For TM30 Reporting (June 2020) 41.16 kB · 279 downloads  

Immigration Regulation For TM30 Reporting (Thai Text June 2020) 1.14 MB · 151 downloads

That's great,  thanks for repeating the thread with the latest regulation . 

1 hour ago, problemfarang said:

Just play safe.

Download the tm30 mobile app. Register the house owner (takes 5min) and put your name as living there. All procedure takes max 10min. Screenshot in every steps your doing. Thats it. No more nightmares when you are sleeping. Nothing to lose to do it. Thats what i did. 

If the immigration cannot find your tm30 or else, show the app, or screenshots. Really so easy with the mobile app.

It's not required as has been pointed out. As per change in rules June 2020.

Required at couple of rogue offices i.e CM.

The OP needs to do nothing

Edited by DrJack54