90 day report with only a couple of weeks left on visa

I live in CM thus use Thai Immigration here - last year and this year, my 90-day report 

received prior to my long stay allowed was approved by immigration but only until my

long stay renewal - last year was about a month, this year (currently) means my 90 days

will be up within 60 days.  Since I have successfully used the new online 90-day report,

that is not a real issue as far as I am concerned.  I do my 1-year extension (40-45 days

early) about 3 weeks before I need to do my next 90-day report.  I am not sure what 

other immigration offices do and these past 2 years were different than before as I always

got the 90-day report back with a  next-do date 90 days into the future.

Did my 90 day report online this week.

Next report date middle of June (!) when my extension ends.

First time my 90 days has been cut short to match with extension expiry.

In Chiang Mai.

17 minutes ago, Ginkas said:

In Chiang Mai.

I have read posts about Chiang Mai immigration doing that for 90 day reports.

4x90 days is usually a bit less than the one year visa renewal date, especially when a 90 day report falls due on a weekend or public holiday so it gets pulled forward by a few days. I find this comes up every year, and I just did a 90 day report at the end of April, then a full renewal a couple of days ago.

If you want to pay the fine (or whatever penalty) for missing the 90 day report it might make no difference, but if you're not wanting to do anything that might cause problems with your visa renewal, just accept you'll be making two trips to immigration in quick succession* and get it done.

*or online reporting, though I have no experience of this.

I just discovered something new for the online 90 day reporting system. I have used it all year, but my next report is due May 17th which is the same day as the expiration of my current extension of stay and the online system would not issue me a confirmation for the next 90 days. I will have to report to the Udon Thani Immigration Office for the approval. My extension of stay for the upcoming year is at present under consideration until June 16.

6 hours ago, sometimewoodworker said:

Some offices will ignore a previous missing report if you have been out of Thailand.

Yes, Chiang Rai immigration office ignored it for me. I left Thailand 3 weeks overdue for a 90 day report, and when I returned and renewed my retirement extension they did not even mention it.

Edited by Tuvoc

3 minutes ago, Tuvoc said:

Yes, Chiang Rai immigration office ignored it for me. I left Thailand 3 weeks overdue for a 90 day report, and when I returned and renewed my retirement extension they did not even mention it.

Since the extension of stay and 90 day reports are separate entities I would wait until after the next 90 report to start counting chickens, you are probably OK but until the 90 report after reentry can’t be 100% sure 

did my 90-day report some 2 weeks  back online. it was very quick, had the approval back within 3 hrs of the request.

it indeed did not offer me 90 day but only till the end of my extension date. this looks new and would force you actually to 5 times/year reporting for the 90-day, as normally you report the 90 day a week in advance so 4 times reporting brings you 4*83 = 332 days, and 5th time 23 days till end of extension date.

18 hours ago, fittobethaied said:

I just discovered something new for the online 90 day reporting system. I have used it all year, but my next report is due May 17th which is the same day as the expiration of my current extension of stay and the online system would not issue me a confirmation for the next 90 days. I will have to report to the Udon Thani Immigration Office for the approval. My extension of stay for the upcoming year is at present under consideration until June 16.

The only way you will get a longer report back date in Udon is by going to the 90 day desk in person. I can virtually guarantee that your next 90 day report back date will be June 16 to match your under consideration date.

This is a known situation in Udon immigration office.

@fittobethaied The report dates being aligned with the extension expiration is not new, it has been standard for the last few years.

Edited by sometimewoodworker

On 5/13/2022 at 9:52 AM, Ginkas said:

Did my 90 day report online this week.

Next report date middle of June (!) when my extension ends.

In Chiang Mai.

Same whit me i get one month and when i get my mariage visa in one month i have to redo for 90 days!