ASEAN puts US request for “Comprehensive Strategic Partnership” on hold

webfact

10 minutes ago, ThaiFelix said:

Hes still trying to work out who or what he should be pointing at  ????

As he can't speak English he's the spare Pr##k at the wedding, all he can do is nod and grin.

• Haha 1

You'd be hard pressed to find this "summit" on the front page of ANY newspaper in the US and likely not even a blip on the evening news cast of any of the 3 major TV networks. That's how important America thinks of this organization of totalitarianism. 

4 hours ago, Andycoops said:

As ASEAN includes countries which have people in power through the use of force, they shouldn't even be given the time of day.

Can still be used for capable function, limited to logistics bases & training grounds. But ASEAN being hopeless in any shooting war, so needing West protection or (neutrality I suppose)should be inviting West not West “ applying” then being messed around by these monkeys ; Squeeze song “begging’s not my business”. 

• Confused 1

It’s because they know that US will be in dire straits come November: economy crashing, inflation in double digits, political impasse after Republicans take both houses, deficit spending soaring, riots in the streets. It’s much easier to negotiate terms with a weakened partner.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, AnotherFarang8 said:

It’s because they know that US will be in dire straits come November: economy crashing, inflation in double digits, political impasse after Republicans take both houses, deficit spending soaring, riots in the streets. It’s much easier to negotiate terms with a weakened partner.

Yet Asean has that $140 billion trade surplus with the US, which, were I the US government, I would take away from selected Asean countries. I would use the proposed Indo-Pacific Economic Framework to peel away the Philippines and Singapore, which are the only Asean countries wanting to join. Push US investment and future trade only to those two countries, leaving the rest of Asean to wonder where its trade surplus went.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1