Video: Sabotage at water park! Owner posts video after residents flooded out - buyer pulls out

webfact

image.jpeg

Daily News Thai Caption: Countdown 3-2-1 - Pool slashed

The owner of the Saen Sanook water park in Thepparak Road Soi 102, Samut Prakan has filed a police report alleging sabotage at the facility.

The company posted a 36 second video on their page that showed a large pool collapse and cause flooding.

It was late in the day Sunday - 6.40 pm - and no one was hurt despite there being many people still in the pool.

Keep up to date with all things Thailand - Join our daily ASEAN NOW Thailand Newsletter - Click to subscribe

image.jpeg

Picture: Daily News

The company said that Monday was due to be the facility's final day after they announced the closure of the park. 

That had to be scrapped.

The owner said the video was posted in response to residents nearby who complained it had been done deliberately by the company.

There was evidence of a slash in the plastic - it never would have happened by itself, said the owner who was not named.

image.jpeg

Picture: Daily News

The pool was regularly maintained. 

Damage was also done to other equipment with a knife.

They apologized to the public for the actions of someone with ill intentions.

They said that a potential buyer for the facility had now pulled out after the incident. 

Daily News said the matter was in the hands of the Samrong Neua police. 

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2022-05-17

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information

Well if they were that interested I’m sure they would have just wanted a Big discount. Still sad that someone did this not thinking about who’d they hurt. Or did they? ???? 

3 hours ago, webfact said:

There was evidence of a slash in the plastic - it never would have happened by itself, said the owner who was not named.

A slash at a pool, never heard of that before..????

• Haha 1

Are you seriously saying that a commercial water park is relying on plastic liners to retain the water? I would not even consider that for a domestic pool. A garden pond, maybe.

In the US I bought a house with an above ground pool.  Tried to sell the pool (cheap) without luck.  Then one Halloween night, someone put a pipe bomb on the side and blew it open.  The cops caught some teenager who did some jail time for it.  Some time later I received several thousand $ in restitution and sold the aluminum for a pretty good scrap price.  

I had to show the cops a piece of pipe end cap I found with a few grains of unburned powder before they got very interested.  They didn't ask me how I knew what it was.  ????️‍♂️