non immigrant o visa based on father of thai national

Hi,

I have posted multiple times about other type of visa, I have 4 choices now, business visa, marriage visa with 400 000, marriage visa at savanakhet (don't know if the border opened) or non O as a father of my daugther.

I would like to know what are the requirements?

I'm separated with my wife but still married, she lives in Ratchaburi and I'm living in Si Racha where I got a job that I didn't start yet, I have my 2 daughters with me that I will put in school as soon as I got the certificates from their previous school.

I still have 400 000 in bank but I would like to use them soon, for the extension after 3 months could I use my contract with my salary? do I have to get 3 salaries already or just the contract with work permit?

You can apply for a non-o visa or extension of stay based upon being the parent of a Thai.

To apply for the one year extension you would need at least 2 months of salary proven by payment of taxes.

1 hour ago, Lolothai said:

Can I do everything without her?

The only big issue with the extension of stay based on Thai child is that Immigration will almost certainly require your wife's attendance to confirm that the children are living with you with her agreement. If you divorce, this can be overcome, but only if the divorce agreement grants you 100% custody of the children, If your wife is amenable to a divorce under those conditions, that it what I would advise. However, make sure you have someone involved who is 100% familiar with the process if you choose that solution. It is easy to mess this up which can lead to a lot of complications going forward.

1 hour ago, Lolothai said:

just spoke to her and she is ok, can I do this to any immigration? I will work in Si Racha can I still get it in Ratchaburi? do I need the 6 pictures front of the house too?

If you are talking of divorce with you having 100% custody, followed by applying for an extension of stay as the father of a Thai ...

• Go with your wife to the local amphoe (presumably where you lived with her in the past) to register the divorce. The basic process is simple. However, it is very important that you have a document attached to the divorce papers that confirms you have 100% custody of the children. Have someone with you who knows precisely how to ensure this. Possibly pay for additional copies of these documents.
  • Apply for the extension of stay based on Thai child at the local immigration office where you are living with your children. Take at least one child with you to immigration, and expect a house visit during the under consideration period.

I discussed with the mother and she is ok with me keeping the kids for life. After tomorrow I will go to see her at Ratchaburi.

There I have 2 options, or make the marriage visa or father visa. I will be living in Si Racha with my 2 kids, so if there is a visit I will have to come back.

Can I still do the visa as a father in Ratchaburi despite living with my kids in Si Racha, they are still under her tabien ban.

Can I still do the visa as a father in Ratchaburi despite living with my kids in Si Racha? they are still under her tabien ban in Ratchaburi

It may be also easier to do a marriage visa and explain them that I will probably move to work in Si Racha soon. Would it be a problem?

8 hours ago, Lolothai said:

no we are not divorcing yet but even if we are married I can still do a visa as a father of a thai?

In theory, the answer is yes. In practice, it depends on the immigration office, and (if there are not greater problems) they will almost certainly want your wife present at the immigration office when you apply for the Non O visa as father of a Thai (and also for future extensions). They will probably want you to get the visa/extensions at the immigration office where you are actually living with your kids, even if the kids are registered in another province.

Explain the situation to your local immigration office and see what they say.

@ubonjoedo you want to add your own comments based on what you know to have generally happened in the past?

I will go for the marriage visa as my wife wants us to go back together, I will come back home 2 times a month. I will explain to the immigration that I will be working and for the extension will use my salary as a proof instead of the 400 000.

We went to the immigration but the officer said that there is no non O with only one day of 400 000 and he gave us a different document list than Ubon Joe. However he said we can get 60 days to visit my wife. He told us to come back on monday with the documents he asked us, the problem will be the 400 000 for 2 months.

At this point would it be easier for me to go to savanakhet or try the business visa? I could go to savanakhet and get extension with my salary later?

23 minutes ago, Lolothai said:

However he said we can get 60 days to visit my wife. He told us to come back on monday with the documents he asked us, the problem will be the 400 000 for 2 months.

You do not need to show the 400k baht in a bank for 2 months to get the 60 day extension.

26 minutes ago, Lolothai said:

At this point would it be easier for me to go to savanakhet or try the business visa? I could go to savanakhet and get extension with my salary later?

Have you looked at the requirements to get a non-b visa based upon working at Savannakhet.

You cannot apply for any extension at a embassy or official Thai consulate. You can only apply for extensions of stay at immigration.

no he said we can't get the non O with 400 000 for only one day however he can give me 2 month to visit my wife to have time to hold the 400 000 for 2 months. It's complicated for me to hold this 400 000 now.

So maybe I can give up the 400 000 and try in Savanakhet. Other option is a business visa and I would take an agency to help me.