Cybercrime conference kicks off in Phuket - ASEAN nations in town to learn how RTP cracks online crime

webfact

image.jpeg

Picture: Naew Na

Representatives from other ASEAN countries are in Phuket for an international cybercrime conference.

Thailand will be showcasing its talents in this sphere by sharing good practice in a spirit of international cooperation.

The event entitled "Cybercrime Conference for Law Enforcement Agencies and Partners" is being run in conjunction with Interpol.

Keep up to date with all things Thailand - Join our daily ASEAN NOW Thailand Newsletter - Click to subscribe

image.jpeg

Interpol's Mr Craig Jones was among the speakers yesterday at the Marriot Resort and Spa as seven ASEAN nations attended.

It continues through Thursday, reported Naew Na who said that Gen Damrongsak Kittipraphat, RTP deputy commander, had been put in charge by RTP chief Gen Suwat Chaengyodsuk.

Suwat has been a key promoter of cybercrime initiatives including his "Safety Zone 4.0" plan. 

image.jpeg

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2022-05-17

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information

Cybercrime division is the sort of luxurious harbor for elites as I learnt from our long time friend who is quite big Kahuna at RTP - that's why Interpol flew in asking "<deleted> are you doing?". 

Ah, slide show, how touchy )))

43 minutes ago, NativeBob said:

Cybercrime division is the sort of luxurious harbor for elites as I learnt from our long time friend who is quite big Kahuna at RTP - that's why Interpol flew in asking "<deleted> are you doing?". 

Ah, slide show, how touchy )))

I'm sure there are plenty of very highly talented and likely highly paid security professionals in Thailand, I wonder how many of them work for any kind of government agency though?

I would suspect the real highly trained staff work for the larger corporations.

One question springs to mind, does Thailand have an equivalent of GCHQ / NSA, etc ?

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, ukrules said:

does Thailand have an equivalent of GCHQ / NSA, etc ?

Yes, from google:

The National Intelligence Agency (NIA) (Thai: สํานักข่าวกรองเเห่งชาติ) is a counter-intelligence and security agency of Thailand. It serves as part of the Office of the Prime Minister. Its headquarters is in Paruskavan Palace, Bangkok.

On 5/17/2022 at 5:50 AM, webfact said:

Thailand will be showcasing its talents in this sphere by sharing good practice in a spirit of international cooperation.

Or are other countries showing Thailand how it should be done? See picture 3, with a maskless farang speaker and a slide relating to the UK's strategy!

Edited by madmitch