Use old and new passports to entry Thailand?

Hello folks,

My old passport is about to expired in a few months, so I'm obtained a new one. However, I have work permit. I also have visa extension stamp and multiple re-entry stamp on my old passport. The old passport was cut on a corner, but the stamps are still there without any damage. Can I use the old passport along with the new one to entry Thailand? Or do I need to obtain a new visa.

When you get new passport, ask them to only punch through the blank pages at the back, and not visa and information pages.

Then enter Thailand with both passports, so your visa is in the old one and they'll put a stamp into the new one.

You can then go to immigration and move your reentry permit from old to new passport.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, VieGuy said:

Can I use the old passport along with the new one to entry Thailand?

I did that for 6 months+ flying in and out of Thailand every month. 

Obviously best to go to immigration and transfer. 

At some point (prior to next extension) you will need to have Stamps and visa information transferred.

Apart from immigration make sure you update your pp information with your bank. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You should have your stamps transferred at immigration. No need to carry you old passport that way.

My bad, and thank you for pointing it out. I didn't read clearly that new passport was already issued. My post stands for going abroad to get new passport at home country, then returning on visas/re-entry permit in old passport.

If both passports are with OP, stamps can just be transferred to new passport by immigration office that issued reentry permit.