War in Ukraine: Four star Koh Samui hotel gives rooms to tourists for just 200 baht a night

webfact

5 hours ago, wombat said:

The reality / ramifications will hit home very soon.

Screenshot_20220514-190048_Samsung Internet.jpg

Putin's folly may indeed directly result in many millions of global starvation deaths. Scratch may. More like definitely will. History will certainly remember his name.

• Like 1

Indeed a good gesture on behalf of humanity from a country that states it is neutral in the Russia / Ukraine war . So will this hotel or others extend their hospitality to stranded Russians ? 

I have to say that the war does not seem to have the same media coverage in Thailand that the western world gives and many Thai folks are not aware of the atrocities taking place . As regard wars in other countries , many refugees have found new homes in Europe . Finally , this war has a long way to run and will escalate because of Sweden & Finland joining NATO . Very sensitive situation with Putin with his back to the wall and the Russian people , being fed propaganda and being ostracised from the rest of the world , will either lead to WW3 or a Russian civil war .  NATO troops now building up military exercises in some Baltic countries .

• Like 1

On 5/18/2022 at 3:39 AM, RandiRona said:

There is War in Yemen, Afganistan , Syria as well, so I guess this Hotel will be really busy till eternity.....

BRAVO hotel!!!: Agree, certainly war is war but it is not on the same scale as in Ukraine and these other people can very easily go back to their countries and have access to their banking system......   

6000 per month is OK, guess electric and water is not included. 

Stayed in a hotel in Pattaya for three months for 5.500 per month. 

Now I rent a condo with Seaview for 6.600 per month. (government electricity rate) 

Edited by PoorSucker

Considering that Ukraine has so much agriculture in the country, and Russia exports a lot

of fertilizer and other products, like vodka, and oil, this war is affecting the whole world.

Yemen, Afghanistan and Syria, wars are terrible, but it seems the rest of the

world was not as affected by them. I hate wars, as there are no real winners, just

a lot of people dying, and property destroyed. Good effort by this hotel.

• Like 2

On 5/18/2022 at 8:39 AM, RandiRona said:

There is War in Yemen, Afganistan , Syria as well, so I guess this Hotel will be really busy till eternity.....

many western soldiers fought there and many lost their lives . Also many refugees were taken into European countries . There are many war crimes happening every day in Ukraine , against innocent civilians . Strange that Russia withdrew from the 2019 protocol of the Geneva convention which highlighted protection for civilians in a war . 

• Like 1

On 5/19/2022 at 5:46 PM, PoorSucker said:

6000 per month is OK, guess electric and water is not included. 

Stayed in a hotel in Pattaya for three months for 5.500 per month. 

Now I rent a condo with Seaview for 6.600 per month. (government electricity rate) 

Lemme correct this: those arrived in couples [mostly], stay at least 2 in a room. So the actual/average price is at least 12,000 batatas per month. For a guest house as it is [not a 4 star hotel - fake] that's pretty hefty harvest. 35 rooms fully occupied during low season for 3 month at 12,000 smackoroonies per month? How noble and kind of khun Chart-Maak!