Taxi to Airport

mikebell

Are there any safe ones out there? LOLOLOLOLOL..Is it a real question.  Yes there are lots of safe, professional   decent men and women working all over Thailand.

I've only  had one problem  in 30 years and taxi, in all major cities is my main form of transport. If I didn't get the impression  the OP was a queroulous  trouble maker I would give him a list but the the question  is not reasonable or rational

Edited by The Hammer2021
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, aussiexpat said:

@mikebell Nams taxi has very safe, reliable lady drivers, nice cars, been using for over 5 years, always on time

They are 1000 for small car or 1200 medium sedan (include all tolls) for Pattaya to Swampy airport

https://www.namstaxipattaya.com/contact

What is their fee from Swampy airport to Pattaya, small car? (I heard they charge higher going in reverse) Mr T charges 1200 all inclusive of tolls, is Nam's similar?

Edited by bmanly

1 hour ago, bmanly said:

What is their fee from Swampy airport to Pattaya, small car? (I heard they charge higher going in reverse) Mr T charges 1200 all inclusive of tolls, is Nam's similar?

Fees are same in both directions. I dont do it for the fee as I'd happily pay 1500 for the nice car and safe driving.

Note the use of small car is a new option I was only offered this month from Pattaya so best to check with them

Edited by aussiexpat
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

If I didn't get the impression  the OP was a queroulous  trouble maker I would give him a list but the the question  is not reasonable or rational

I am a trouble maker (over some topics - dogs/police) but in this instance it was a genuine request for assistance.  The use of the word 'safe' was not intended as a slur but it is generally accepted that Thai drivers are more speedy/less safe than in other countries.  I do not want to sit permanently braced for a couple of hours or biting my nails near pick-up time.  Hope you now understand my rationale?

On 5/18/2022 at 11:58 AM, aussiexpat said:

@mikebell Nams taxi has very safe, reliable lady drivers, nice cars, been using for over 5 years, always on time

They are 1000 for small car or 1200 medium sedan (include all tolls) for Pattaya to Swampy airport

Taxi booked within 15 minutes of my inquiry - thank you.  Exactly as you said; choice of cars medium or small.  They will ring me the night before to relay the name of the driver.  Excellent service.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mikebell said:

Taxi booked within 15 minutes of my inquiry - thank you.  Exactly as you said; choice of cars medium or small.  They will ring me the night before to relay the name of the driver.  Excellent service.

They also turn up really early. I've booked for 4pm and then found myself ready at 3:30pm so send message I'm ready and they have always said I'm here...I like no stress worrying if they'll turn up on time ????

• Like 1

On 5/18/2022 at 6:58 AM, aussiexpat said:

Good advice, I use Joe Taxi  Pattaya  and insist on a lady driver or I don’t go ! I pay about 200 Baht more, I don’t care .