Why Did The Embassy Gave Me A "single Entry" Business Visa

Hi,

I have a non immigrant-single entry business visa which runs out in middle of july.

I get a non immigrant B visa, Single entry, but why a SINGLE ENTRY and not a MULTI ENTRY ?

my work permit is still in procedure (my employer is not very quick with this all).

does this mean, i have to go to another consulate/embassy again ? (for example penang or singapore)

I was thinking, that this 1 year single entry visa should be enough to stay here for the next 1 year ?

can anybody give me the information about this please.

my WP should be made within the next 2-3 weeks. is it possible then, to make the extension of the visa from the immigration ? or do i must go to the embassy for a multi entry. why did the embassy gave me a single entry visa, this i still not understood ?

According to many reports here in Thai visa, they do not give 1 year "multiple entry" B visas in Asia anymore, except very rarely (like for very big companies, BOI accredited or whatever, with huge registered capital, and if the applicant is a CEO of that huge company or something), or if you have a work permit and have paid substantial amount of tax in the previous year.

You'll have to stick to the 90 day single entry visa and extend it at Immigration Office (but you can only do that if you and your company "qualify"... like it's making big money, paying big taxes, have 4 thai employees for every farang, etc.). If you or your company are "not big enough", then you have to bring your work permit with you (along with other company documents) to a Thai embassy abroad every 90 days and get a new Single entry 90 day visa.

As I said in the other post, hope Sunbelt or someone can answer your problem.

That's a horrible problem.

The danger is that that even if you go again to get another Type B abroad, they might not issue you one anymore because they had already previously issued you one and it was not acted upon (you didn't get a work permit).

Maybe you can bring documents or something to "prove" that your work permit is being processed. Dunno if that would work though. In any case, you'd still have to have a good updated lawyer do it for you.

Another thing to remember. Your work permit's validity expires on the same day that your B visa expires. So if they drag their feet in processing your work permit and your visa expires, they WILL NOT be able to issue the work permit on that visa; and everything they have already done to process your work permit might just go to waste and you'd be back to square 1 (I think).

Edited by junkofdavid2

or if you have a work permit and have paid substantial amount of tax in the previous year.

by substantial if you mean the declared amount on your work permit then KL WILL issue you multiple entries, at least they did last month to both myself and a colleague (paid tax on 30k & 50k per month) both with WP and correct paperwork

According to many reports here in Thai visa, they do not give 1 year "multiple entry" B visas in Asia anymore, except very rarely (like for very big companies, BOI accredited or whatever, with huge registered capital, and if the applicant is a CEO of that huge company or something), or if you have a work permit and have paid substantial amount of tax in the previous year.

You'll have to stick to the 90 day single entry visa and extend it at Immigration Office (but you can only do that if you and your company "qualify"... like it's making big money, paying big taxes, have 4 thai employees for every farang, etc.). If you or your company are "not big enough", then you have to bring your work permit with you (along with other company documents) to a Thai embassy abroad every 90 days and get a new Single entry 90 day visa.

As I said in the other post, hope Sunbelt or someone can answer your problem.

That's a horrible problem.

The danger is that that even if you go again to get another Type B abroad, they might not issue you one anymore because they had already previously issued you one and it was not acted upon (you didn't get a work permit).

Maybe you can bring documents or something to "prove" that your work permit is being processed. Dunno if that would work though. In any case, you'd still have to have a good updated lawyer do it for you.

Another thing to remember. Your work permit's validity expires on the same day that your B visa expires. So if they drag their feet in processing your work permit and your visa expires, they WILL NOT be able to issue the work permit on that visa; and everything they have already done to process your work permit might just go to waste and you'd be back to square 1 (I think).

My VP and myself, a regional functional manager, of a bloody large worldwide company with extensive offices in Asia including Thailand and any country of size can not get multiple entry - single entry only.

This is just for quick biz trips in and out - no for WP or anything as if living in thailand that would be a breeze.

by substantial if you mean the declared amount on your work permit then KL WILL issue you multiple entries, at least they did last month to both myself and a colleague (paid tax on 30k & 50k per month) both with WP and correct paperwork

Did this for the last 12 Years NEVER had a problem!

Stick to the rules and the Paperwork and there will be no Problem!

A single entry lasts 90 days.

If you want to travel outside Thailand during that 90 days you can apply to Immigration to for

a re-entry permit, but it only keeps you going until the end of the 90 days.

have a safe trip! (have yet to be denied a multi-entry)

Where do you go to get multiple entry...?

I've had all the company docs for a qualified company but only got single entry from both Penang and Kuala Lumpur.

I just got the WP sorted out by the skin of my teeth in the short time available. Its so stressful I've given up on working in Thailand

do they (consular offices, NOT embassies which are usually more difficult to deal with) still issue non-IMMI-B these days in places, which were known before for being hasslefree ? such as Australia, Uk (Hull), Switzerland (Basel), Germany (stuttgart). I know that those places didnt require anything more than just a recommendation letter from a Thai-registered company, plus copa of the passport of the managing sirector.

In my case, they didnt have a look at those letters, just a "u want mutliple?" and then I had the stamp 10 seconds later. that was mid-2006.

but I dont have any news if things are still same in Europe or Aussieland.

it would be very much appreciated if anybody could share some recent experiences...