STV Ending SEP-2022: Extensions?

I am not sure why you are starting a second topic since I already replied to this in your first one. STV is a special visa and you will not be able to make an extension, unless they extend the scheme again.

This was shown on my local Thai embassy website last year:

Those entering Thailand with STV from 3 July 2021 onwards, will be allowed to stay in Thailand for a period of up to 90 days, which cannot be extended.

29 minutes ago, Alldar said:

I am not sure why you are starting a second topic since I already replied to this in your first one. STV is a special visa and you will not be able to make an extension, unless they extend the scheme again.

This was shown on my local Thai embassy website last year:

Hi Alldar, you're pretty rough and condescending in all your interactions here - is everything OK? 

As this is two seperate issues/questions - I believe 2 topics were warranted. If I'm incorrect I'm sure an OP will merge or delete the threads. Are you OK with that? 

Could you please link me to your embassy's website where I can read this (or a current) statement. Thanks! 

Edited by aldriglikvid
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, aldriglikvid said:

As it currently stands the "new" STV is set to end September 2022. If one applies for, and is granted, a STV before sep-2022 is one able to do the 2 extension *after* sep 2022 (or is that ended as well?). Thanks! 

Immigration made an announcement last year that they would not do the extension after July last year. I assume that was due to them thinking the order for STV's would not be extended.

It may not be the same this year since it was extended last year. I may become normal visa and be extended this year again.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, aldriglikvid said:

Hi Alldar, you're pretty rough and condescending in all your interactions here - is everything OK? 

Could you please link me to your embassy's website where I can read this (or a current) statement. Thanks! 

Sorry if that looks like that. I am OK just outside of Thailand atm ????

It is not there now, it was there last year in June/July. If you want to double check I would suggest to ask your embassy before applying for STV.

• Like 1

The simple answer is that no one knows yet. Based on announcements made last year (when the STV was expected to be withdrawn) extensions might not be allowed after September. However, I would not be surprised to see a different decision this year, even if the STV is not retained into next year. Unfortunately, Thailand is not good at giving advance notice on such things.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Update: I sent an e-mail to 8 Thai Embassies in Europe, of the question in hand, and so far 3 have answered: 

1 ) "we don't know"
2) "you can extend after sep 2022"
3) "you can't extend after sep 2022"

Probably not appropriate to make jokes here, so - I won't. 

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, aldriglikvid said:

Update: I sent an e-mail to 8 Thai Embassies in Europe, of the question in hand, and so far 3 have answered: 

1 ) "we don't know"
2) "you can extend after sep 2022"
3) "you can't extend after sep 2022"

Which embassy admitted that they do not know the answer? They inspire confidence. It is extremely unusual for a Thai official to admit to ignorance on anything. They will usually confidently state an answer without having the foggiest idea what they are talking about. Anything else would involve loss of face.