Recommended Dentist for Inlays and Crowns

Dean1953

I’ll be over for two months, primarily working on my house and a house that my wife recently inherited.  I’ve had a lot of work done at a local University Dental clinic in the Kansas City area over a 3 year period.   I thought that I was going there to have a tooth replaced that was knocked out by a kick back from a board on a table saw.  They ended up eventually replacing the tooth with an implant, but not before pulling 2 wisdom teeth, removing 3 inlays that I had done in Bangkok 15 years ago.  They all had cavities, so they wanted to crown them, after drilling out the cavity and filling the tooth.  After 3 years, I had had 2 students work on my mouth and lots of retired Dentists.  The problem is the new retired Dentists wanted to do root canals on all 3 teeth and I didn’t because I didn’t think that the roots had died.  Last summer, while flossing, I managed to pop out the largest filling and after one visit last fall, the Dental school wanted to do an implant, which I had I also refused.

I just need a recommendation for a competent Dentist that can do inlays and crowns.  If they can’t replace the filling that popped out, I’ll have the Dentist clean the area towards the back of my mouth (there is a rod sticking out of the hole now that was put there to stabilize the filling) and leave the space vacant, as long as it doesn’t get infected. I have a Thai friend that can translate for me, so it doesn’t necessarily have to be a clinic that caters to foreigners. Thanks!

There is a lady  Dentist  who works part time at Bangkok Pattaya Hospital,      but she has her own practise  called     "Littletree'   Dentistry its on sukhumvit rd.. en route to Sattahip you can find it via Facebook or Google, she works there alone.....she is excellent .. i had a broken tooth at gum level  6 Dentists including a Farang owned  Surgery   said  Extraction, not easy when i take Blood thinning medication, she  saved  that tooth  18 months ago 

I usually go here, I only did smaller things, but in my opinion they do a good job and they are cheap: https://nmdentalclinic.com/

You might have to make an appointment a week in advance or so, they are usually quite busy.

I don't know if they do inlays, but somehow ceramic inlays are relatively uncommon in Thailand. An inlay in Thailand somehow costs more than one in Germany, and the major cost factor is labor, so I don't know how this is possible...

Thais usually do composite fillings, even on molars, and if this is no longer an option they do a crown.

Thanks for the suggestions. I don’t plan on leaving Chiangmai for 2 months, so that should be plenty of time to have the dental work done.  The inlays that I had done in Bangkok at age 50 lasted until age 66, when x rays showed some decay in all 3 teeth covered by inlays.  I’m assuming that they will now be crowned. I kept telling the student dentists that worked on me that I was 69 and not looking past something that will last 10-15 years tops. They only do procedures one way because their grade depends on how it’s done.    They take an extremely long view in how they do things. I’ll check out the last two suggestions made. 

I use GrandDent. The doctor who does crowns and implants speaks excellent english and he clearly loves his work and will go to great lengths to explain what he's doing. Like most of the dentists catering to farangs, he uses very high quality crowns.

Anyway, here's a link

http://www.granddentdental.com/

Also, a dentist at another clinic recommended I get an implant. I got a second opinion from the dentist at GrandDent and he said I only needed a crown. So I saved about 50,000 baht. 

3 minutes ago, actonion said:

Chiang Mai was mentioned 9  hours ago    my post is from yesterday

The thread was/is placed in the Chiang Mai Forum from the beginning so clearly it was to be about Chiang Mai.   If they wanted info about Pattaya dentists they would post in the Pattaya Forum.

3 hours ago, Dante99 said:

The thread was/is placed in the Chiang Mai Forum from the beginning so clearly it was to be about Chiang Mai.   If they wanted info about Pattaya dentists they would post in the Pattaya Forum.

I found it in the pattaya  forum

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

• 5 weeks later...
On 5/21/2022 at 12:04 AM, placeholder said:

I use GrandDent. The doctor who does crowns and implants speaks excellent english and he clearly loves his work and will go to great lengths to explain what he's doing. Like most of the dentists catering to farangs, he uses very high quality crowns.

Anyway, here's a link

http://www.granddentdental.com/

Also, a dentist at another clinic recommended I get an implant. I got a second opinion from the dentist at GrandDent and he said I only needed a crown. So I saved about 50,000 baht. 

What is the name of the dentist you refer to at Grand Dent?

On 5/20/2022 at 3:56 PM, FriendlyFarang said:

I usually go here, I only did smaller things, but in my opinion they do a good job and they are cheap: https://nmdentalclinic.com/

You might have to make an appointment a week in advance or so, they are usually quite busy.

I don't know if they do inlays, but somehow ceramic inlays are relatively uncommon in Thailand. An inlay in Thailand somehow costs more than one in Germany, and the major cost factor is labor, so I don't know how this is possible...

Thais usually do composite fillings, even on molars, and if this is no longer an option they do a crown.

Is there a specific dentist you use there?

• 6 months later...

I did use Denral world last October. He also pulled a tooth that didn’t have much left above the gums.  To replace the pulled tooth, I considered an implant. However, it was a two step process. The first, installing a plate that will hold the implant. Then, 4 months later, installing the implant. I think at age 70, I’ll leave the space open.