UOB Thailand calls for entries to its Painting of the Year competition

webfact

image.jpeg

By Thai Enquirer

UOB Thailand has launched the 13th UOB Painting of the Year (POY) Competition and invites established and emerging Thai artists to enter Thailand’s only regional art competition. This year’s event will focus on supporting localartists in the changing art world. 

At the launch, UOB Thailand held a sharing session to discuss the intrinsic value of art and the adoption of digital trends and technology by artists in order to connect with a wider and more diverse group of audiences without the limitations of physical locations. The session was joined by with UOB POY alumni artist, Mr Vachira Kornthong, the winner of the 12th UOB POY Competition, and Mr Kiatanan Iamchan, a successful Thai artist in the digital art scene. 

Keep up to date with all things Thailand - Join our daily ASEAN NOW Thailand Newsletter - Click to subscribe

Ms Dhornratana Olanhankij, Executive Director, Country Head of Strategic Communications and Brand,UOB Thailand, said, “Art plays an essential role in enriching our lives and bringing our communities together. For more than a decade, UOB Thailand has been successfully uncovering, nurturing and promoting local artistic talents in Thailand through the annual UOB POY Competition and art outreach programmes. As the leading patron of the arts in Asia, we realise that artists need to adapt themselves to thrive in the changing art scene driven by the rapid adoption of digital technology. 

https://www.thaienquirer.com/40290/uob-thailand-calls-for-entries-to-its-painting-of-the-year-competition/

TE

-- © Copyright Thai Enquirer 2022-05-20

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

30 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

I hope this Pointing Picture can win the Pointing of the year award, or did I read the OP wrong....

How does Thailand differ from the rest of Southeast Asia? - Quora

I initially read that wrong as well. The "Pointing of the Year" competition. But it's no wonder, because a competition of that sort simply would make perfect sense in this country. :cheesy:

May I also suggest doling out awards for

> "Hub Announcement of the Year"

> "Thai Soft Power Claim of the Year"

> "Brake Failure Excuse of the Year"

> "Amulet Saved My Life Claim of the Year"

> "Winning Lottery Number Discovery of the Year"

> "You Hansum Man Utterance of the Year"

> "Coup d'Etat of the Year"

> "Mia Noi Vindictive Rampage of the Year"

> "Duck Feeding Event of the Year"

• Haha 1