NE health authority issue wild mushroom warning after wife dies, husband critical in hospital

webfact

image.jpeg

Daily NewsThai Caption: Cap: These can kill you if eaten

The deputy chief of the Bandung heath authority in Udon Thani has warned the public about four varieties of wild mushroom after a woman died and her husband was critical in hospital.

The couple had gathered mushrooms to eat on Tuesday evening. By 2 am Wednesday they were vomiting and had stomach pains. They took medicine. reported Daily News.

The woman died at home while the man is still unconscious and critical in Udon Thani medical center after transfer from Bandung Crown Prince Hospital. 

Uthen Hakaew said that had the couple acted quickly in seeking medical attention the outcome might have been different.

The treatment is having your stomach pumped. 

Keep up to date with all things Thailand - Join our daily ASEAN NOW Thailand Newsletter - Click to subscribe

Uthen named four varieties of mushrooms that should not be ingested.

The first are deathcaps with names like Het Rangok Hin, Het Rangok Dam Phit, Het Rangak Khao and Het Khai Tai Sak in Thai.

The second is Het Muak Jeen or inocybe rimosa a "straw colored fiber head" mushroom according to online information.

The third and fourth varieties are chlorophyllum molybdites varieties with Thai names Het Than Leuat and Het Ha Kruat Cream Khiaw.

These will make people sick within 6 - 24 hours after ingestion.

Seek urgent medical attention if these have been consumed. 

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2022-05-20

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, proton said:

Photos of them would have been more helpful than names nobody heard of????

My thought exactly!

1 hour ago, Tropposurfer said:

I'm officially in the 'old f.rt' group now but if available I'd chow down on a magic room anytime????

1 hour ago, unblocktheplanet said:

Thailand has Psilocybe samuiensis to be proud of. One more thing should be legal.

Good luck plod catching me. If I got stopped I'd just eat 'em. You cannot OD, and they can't test for psychedelics, well they can, but way too costly for these goons.  555.

The world's best are Thai Cubensis Cyanosis. 

Not to mention roadside signs for Shroom Shakes all over Koh Lanta!

Only in Thailand, where hookers are illegal too!

Edited by chalawaan
  • Haha 1