Solar Energy

dressedingreen

I've been wondering the same thing, but on a very brief initial research of internet sites, it didn't seem to be worth it.

Given that far less hot water is required for showers and washing than, say, the UK, I can't see that there's any role for a solar water heating system. As far as I could see the range of kit on offer in Thailand for electric panels is quite limited and not cheap, so I doubt whether it would pay for itself. But I have to admit I haven't done any detailed costing.

I'd be glad to hear from anyone who has. I'm thinking of packing a small panel or two in my luggage next time I go out there to charge up stuff in the garden like lights or a small fountain.

I've been wondering the same thing, but on a very brief initial research of internet sites, it didn't seem to be worth it.

Given that far less hot water is required for showers and washing than, say, the UK, I can't see that there's any role for a solar water heating system. As far as I could see the range of kit on offer in Thailand for electric panels is quite limited and not cheap, so I doubt whether it would pay for itself. But I have to admit I haven't done any detailed costing.

I'd be glad to hear from anyone who has. I'm thinking of packing a small panel or two in my luggage next time I go out there to charge up stuff in the garden like lights or a small fountain.

:o I have looked into this in some detail and believe me it is not worth it.

It costs far too much to set up and far too long to recoup outlay and guarantee runs out before you reach this.

It appears that the solar panel projects that do take place in thailand are very small and fitted by neccessity in some remote villages and are fully susidised by the past government.

I was very dissappointed to find this out after attending two demonstrations by two different companies. I had my heart set on fitting solar panels to my new house even if it was slightly not cost effective.Unfortunately it was well off the scale.

I cannot say i have ever seen solar panels fitted to any modern hotel / office /building in thailand.

Perhaps when this happens then things might become more cost effective.

Hope this helps

:D POMPOOEYMAN