Banking question

If i transfer 800,000 baht to the Bangkok bank ,my branch is in Pattaya, can i go to a Bangkok bank in Hua Hin and get a letter 

for immigration, ?

I would do this 2 months before i leave UK so i can apply for retirement visa when i get there.

Thankyou for your help.

2 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

How are you planning to enter Thailand?

Obtain non O retirement in UK or in Thailand. 

I would like to come on a 30 day tourist no visa then apply for non o at Immigration,i am bringing my dog and can only book his flight 2 weeks before we go so time is tight to apply for visa and thai pass.

I am looking for easy way, by the way thanks for replying Dr. Jack

10 hours ago, Boyn said:

If i transfer 800,000 baht to the Bangkok bank ,my branch is in Pattaya, can i go to a Bangkok bank in Hua Hin and get a letter 

for immigration,

That's not best plan in my thinking.

The 800k only needs to be in bank on day of application for the non O retirement.

Would be better imo to arrive visa exempt. (30 day stamp).

Straight away open the account with Bangkok Bank in hua Hin. While it would be possible to use your account opened in Pattaya, you would need to make sure the bank code is  FFT as the funds need to be shown to come from abroad. 

Transfer the funds using WISE.

Then obtain the Non O.

Be aware you require 15+ days remaining on your permit to apply for non O. Some offices more. 

That gives you a 90 day permission of stay.

In the last 30 days of the POS apply for your 12 month extension based on retirement.

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

I did it twice last week, my account is in Hua Hin and now I’m in Kamphaeng Phet and no hassles whatsoever although they do make small charges every time you use the atm or as I did make a deposit in the outside machine and got a charge of 20 baht. In Chaiyaphum earlier this year I bought a new iPhone and needed to transfer my banking app to the new phone and again done without question. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

There no requirement for the 800k baht to be in the bank for 2 months on the day you apply for a non-o visa at immigration. It only has to be in the bank on the day you apply.

Please explain.

• Like 1

I will prefer to come on a TV. That gives plenty of time and do things at a leisure pace. Visa exempt entry is for 30-days and gives you only two weeks before you can apply, instead of 6 weeks for TV. I got my TV from USA (evisa) and found it the most relaxing way to obtain my TV. Before I had to mail it. That was a trip to post office, buy MOs, make document copies etc. Now everything is online and even pay your visa fees using CC and got my visa in four days. A TV assures me 90-day max stay and plenty of time to decide if I really need to get a retirement or not. After four O-A visa and two agent assisted extension (a total of 10 years for 6 months stay per year on retirement visa in Thailand), I am going to Thailand again on a TV after one year in the USA. I am still not sure if I will get another agent assisted extension or not or continue with TVs for few more years. 

13 minutes ago, Onerak said:

I will prefer to come on a TV. That gives plenty of time and do things at a leisure pace. Visa exempt entry is for 30-days and gives you only two weeks before you can apply, instead of 6 weeks for TV. I got my TV from USA (evisa) and found it the most relaxing way to obtain my TV. Before I had to mail it. That was a trip to post office, buy MOs, make document copies etc. Now everything is online and even pay your visa fees using CC and got my visa in four days. A TV assures me 90-day max stay and plenty of time to decide if I really need to get a retirement or not. After four O-A visa and two agent assisted extension (a total of 10 years for 6 months stay per year on retirement visa in Thailand), I am going to Thailand again on a TV after one year in the USA. I am still not sure if I will get another agent assisted extension or not or continue with TVs for few more years. 

Dont follow much of that.

The OP already has Thai bank account and can use that or open new account with same bank in HH.

Can transfer the 800k same day using WISE or other alternative.

Can easily apply for non O retirement in the 30 day visa exempt entry.

Note  that the visa exempt entry can be extended by 30 days. 

The OP did not mention non O-A or agent assisted visa and extension. 

The OP did not mention ongoing tourist visas. 

The point??

Edited by DrJack54

Guest truthman

You should be able to do it, although that doesn't mean they'll let you. Sometimes they just don't want to do any extra work and sometimes they become confused over protocol and just refuse a request out of hand.