Divorce lawyer cost and options

MZ8275

Anyone know the average cost for divorce lawyer in Thailand?

That psycho would not divorce with me even though she cheated on me and scammed many of my money. She completely camouflage her real personality until the day I stopped paying off her debt (debt are now paid off with money from her cheating partner)

We already separated 2 months ago since I had enough that day and moved out of our rented condo. She will still message me from time to time to prevent me from moving on, keep me depressed and harass me mentally.

I have deleted the photo of them hugging and kissing and also half naked on bed together, I was stupid I know but I was mad at the time.

I have read a bit on this forum that I know I do not have enough evidence for adultery, and that the only option I have is to wait 3 years then file for divorce base on abandonment unless she needed the divorce sooner than that.

It is killing me mentally and life is too short for that.

Is there anywhere that I can divorce sooner because I wanted to completely move on from that beach and start fresh.

• Haha 1

Are you splitting assets? my guess is no

My only advice is do not get a Thai lawyer . Block her on all media and get on with your life and 3 years will fly by and besides you could be dead before then in which case your divorce was free.

The femme fatale syndrome.. yes those kind think that because this is their turf they can turn your life into hell and the can to some extant, have you tried to 'buy' her off wit an amount of money where she'll agree to leave you alone? will probably work out cheaper and faster than a divorce lawyer...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, MZ8275 said:

She will still message me from time to time to prevent me from moving on, keep me depressed and harass me mentally.

She will still be able to do this whether you are divorced or not. You need to break the hold she has on you.

Good luck. 

• Like 1

That's what they think.

My ex tried to threaten me, after I kicked her out, that she would go to the police and invent a story.
It's my Thailand, farang has to be kicked out.

LOL

I had a few high contacts who gave her a nice call. I never have seen her ever again.

A lot of hot air of mainly un-educated women. 

3 hours ago, whereyougo said:

Are you splitting assets? my guess is no

My only advice is do not get a Thai lawyer . Block her on all media and get on with your life and 3 years will fly by and besides you could be dead before then in which case your divorce was free.

That is what I planned to do now, I have tried to reason with her and it just have zero effect. And purposely giving me hard time to divorce.

3 hours ago, Excel said:

Firstly where were you married ?

Thai only, luck on my side that I didn't register for marriage in my home country.

3 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

If she is so mercenary then offer her money to accompany you to the Amphur office to get your ‘uncontested divorce'. 

Only offer to pay ‘after’ the divorce. 

Once settled (divorced) tell her to take a hike, you are free. 

She is asking for unreasonable amount for all the work she has to do, prepaid, purposely giving me a hard time. I give up.

3 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

Did you agree to pay off her debts before getting married?

We been together for 5 years and married for 2 years, I wasn't aware of any debt until 6 months ago. I helped her to pay some but it just never end, she would lie that is the final amount need to be paid. But I can confirm the debt is valid.

2 hours ago, Farmerslife said:

She will still be able to do this whether you are divorced or not. You need to break the hold she has on you.

Good luck. 

Yes, I start now, I would not entertain any stuff she come up with.

And then, does anyone know is there any proof needed to file for abandonment after 3 years? I don't want to mess it up.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MZ8275 said:

Thai only, luck on my side that I didn't register for marriage in my home country.

So I asked where you got married, I guessed it was Thailand but where ? You asked about lawyers costs so perhaps if you were more forthcoming as to where you actually got married it may assist some people in advising the cost of a lawyer in that area, which was the point of your initial post was is not ?

Also you mentioned about being apart for 3 years. Not sure what you are talking about there but the link below will give you an insight as to grounds for divorce and with no kids or assets to argue over you most certainly do not want to waste money on a Thai lawyer.

https://www.thaiembassy.com/faq/what-are-the-grounds-for-divorce-in-thailand

Edited by Excel

most lawyers want to start at 30,000 baht. you will have, no doubt, other expenses on top. if you are lucky enough to be in Thailand to sort this out, then i would tell her that you would give her 30,000 to sign the papers at the local district office of mutual convenience. if your iD on the marriage certificate does not match your current ID, then you would have to go to the same district office where you were married. Just ignoring the matter may work, but could come back to haunt you in 10-20-30 years... hope she's hungry for money now... 

7 hours ago, RafPinto said:

That's what they think.

My ex tried to threaten me, after I kicked her out, that she would go to the police and invent a story.
It's my Thailand, farang has to be kicked out.

LOL

I had a few high contacts who gave her a nice call. I never have seen her ever again.

A lot of hot air of mainly un-educated women. 

i can understand where you coming from ....  most thais are thieving c...... .. imo

26 minutes ago, steven100 said:

i can understand where you coming from ....  most thais are thieving c...... .. imo

The key word is here "MOST". Still I see endless queue to get married because those people getting married have no other options in the entire world, including their home country. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, CartagenaWarlock said:

The key word is here "MOST". Still I see endless queue to get married because those people getting married have no other options in the entire world, including their home country. 

All relationships are made in heaven, until they’re not…

• Like 1

I  paid 30,000 baht for a very good Thai lawyer (excellent english) in Udon Thani for a contested court divorce in 2019.

How much for a lawyer is like asking how high is up unfortunately. Shop around, ask questions. 

Another Great created story and nice placed spelling mistakes as well. 

But the most important, this actually happens often in Thailand, so well worth pay attention to. 

If you do not have anything in Thailand, forget about it, and move on never go back. It will be her problem when she is going to marry another sucker again. And the reason you should not stay in Thailand, is you can be held responsible for her future action as long you are married. Such as bank loans, lease, and also criminal economic charges. 

Good luck to you all

• Sad 1

• 1 year later...

It sounds like you've been through a lot, and it's understandable that you want to move on and start fresh. While I'm not familiar with the costs in Thailand, I recommend reaching out to local legal experts who specialize in family law.
Consider seeking advice from professionals like Fischer & Van Thiel, PC. They provide compassionate support and skilled legal representation, like domestic violence and estate planning lawyers in Oceanside. They could offer insights on options for expediting the divorce process and helping you move forward positively.
Remember to prioritize your well-being during this time. Wishing you strength and healing as you navigate this challenging situation.

Edited by WendyStark