Muangthong Thani immigration these days

Ooooups! Many many thanks for letting me know !!!

Well, it's good news as for me Laksi is easier to go and I know the place and the IT Square. But 60 days covid extension is not precisely mentioned (even if "Short-term Visa Extension for Visa Exemption" is mentioned).

So, does someone has experience about 60 days Covid extension at Laksi ?

Thank you.

Edited by anotherfarangishere

13 minutes ago, anotherfarangishere said:

But 60 days covid extension is not precisely mentioned (even if "Short-term Visa Extension for Visa Exemption" is mentioned).

This is how it works here in Bangkok
WHERE you go for your extensions is driven by how you entered.
IF you came in visa exempt <- didn't BUY a visa from a thai consulate in another country before you came here and were stamped in FREE for 30 days you go to IT Square Laksi Plaza 3rd Floor, for ALL your extensions (regular 30 days & 60 day covid extension)
Whereas 
IF you came in on a real tourist visa <-that you bought from a thai consulate before you came here and were stamped in for 60 days when you arrived, you go to the main immigration office at the government complex Building B on Chaengwattana Road for all your extensions (regular 30 day & 60 day covid extension)

31 minutes ago, anotherfarangishere said:

Ooooups! Many many thanks for letting me know !!!

Well, it's good news as for me Laksi is easier to go and I know the place and the IT Square. But 60 days covid extension is not precisely mentioned (even if "Short-term Visa Extension for Visa Exemption" is mentioned).

So, does someone has experience about 60 days Covid extension at Laksi ?

Thank you.

Yes. I did it a couple weeks ago.  In Bangkok, they have returned to the old process by which you will get an 'under consideration' stamp with a date that you have to return to Lak Si to get the 60-day stamp inked in. The return date is about 3-4 weeks after the day you apply.

13 minutes ago, audaciousnomad said:

Yes. I did it a couple weeks ago.  In Bangkok, they have returned to the old process by which you will get an 'under consideration' stamp with a date that you have to return to Lak Si to get the 60-day stamp inked in. The return date is about 3-4 weeks after the day you apply.

What ? You've to go two times ? ????

My previous covid extension is ending on June 14: the "under consideration" could extend after this date ?

18 minutes ago, anotherfarangishere said:

Thank you, I already know this. Still, the covid extension is not mentioned, I just want to be sure it has not been cancelled.

You can apply for one until July 25th now. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, anotherfarangishere said:

What ? You've to go two times ? ????

My previous covid extension is ending on June 14: the "under consideration" could extend after this date ?

Yes...you do.  There are reports that some other offices (Krabi, Samui) are still doing the one-time visit only. But Bangkok has returned to this inconvenient two-visit arrangement non-sense.

2 hours ago, audaciousnomad said:

Yes...you do.  There are reports that some other offices (Krabi, Samui) are still doing the one-time visit only. But Bangkok has returned to this inconvenient two-visit arrangement non-sense.

Ok, thank you.

If I go to immigration, let say, 10 days before the end of my actual extension (June 14), they are going to ask me to come back before June 14 ? Or after ?

2 hours ago, anotherfarangishere said:

Ok, thank you.

If I go to immigration, let say, 10 days before the end of my actual extension (June 14), they are going to ask me to come back before June 14 ? Or after ?

After. For example, mine is to expire on 24-May(tomorrow).  I applied 9-May for a new extension. My return to office date to get my extension stamp inked in is 30-May.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, audaciousnomad said:

After. For example, mine is to expire on 24-May(tomorrow).  I applied 9-May for a new extension. My return to office date to get my extension stamp inked in is 30-May.

Thank you for the precision. So, basically, it means anyway your extension has been already accepted ?

6 hours ago, anotherfarangishere said:

Thank you for the precision. So, basically, it means anyway your extension has been already accepted ?

Thay do the under consideration stamp after your application is accepted. When you return on the report back date they do the 60 day extension stamp from the day your previous permit to stay ends.

The under consideration period is more of a formality to have the application approved by the division headquarters (Division 1 in Bangkok) the office you apply at. 

In Bangkok (at BOTH Chaengwattana and IT Square) for 60 day covid extensions they went back to the 'two step process' where you apply for the extension, pay the 1900baht, get an under consideration stamp and then return on that date to get the actual extension inked in

From the many many stamps I've seen the under consideration period seems to vary from 2 to 3 weeks.

Keep in mind the rule for covid extension states you must take your regular 30 day extension (that you can get from a visa exempt or tourist visa entry) before you can apply for the covid extension
AND
keep in mind the officer is not obligated to add the 60 day covid extension on to your current stamp unless you're already ON a covid extension.

Changing the reason for your extension from tourism to covid means they can start that 60 day extension the date you apply IF they want to (although most places will add it on to your current stamp) 

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

Thay do the under consideration stamp after your application is accepted. When you return on the report back date they do the 60 day extension stamp from the day your previous permit to stay ends.

The under consideration period is more of a formality to have the application approved by the division headquarters (Division 1 in Bangkok) the office you apply at. 

Thank you for the precision. But what if you want to leave Thailand after you got the consideration stamp and before you have the application approved ? 

1 hour ago, Tod Daniels said:

Keep in mind the rule for covid extension states you must take your regular 30 day extension (that you can get from a visa exempt or tourist visa entry) before you can apply for the covid extension
AND
keep in mind the officer is not obligated to add the 60 day covid extension on to your current stamp unless you're already ON a covid extension.

Thank you. As I wrote, it'll be my third covid extension.

7 minutes ago, anotherfarangishere said:

Thank you for the precision. But what if you want to leave Thailand after you got the consideration stamp and before you have the application approved ? 

You can leave the country with the under consideration stamp. It will make your application invalid when you do it.

Hi all, I have my T/P and will arrive visa free on June 1 but I have a small problem in that my daughter got the leave date wrong and booked my flight out 57 days later, so I will have to extend my visa, can I do this on arrival around 15.30pm in Suwanphumi at immigration or will it be better to do it in UdonThani immigration?

Also if it is UdonThani how many days into my visa free period can or should I go to apply?

For give me please,I have never done this before so I am completely in the dark about how I apply and what documents etc etc I need to take there.

Thanks in advance for any help given

7 minutes ago, Jimjim1 said:

Hi all, I have my T/P and will arrive visa free on June 1 but I have a small problem in that my daughter got the leave date wrong and booked my flight out 57 days later, so I will have to extend my visa, can I do this on arrival around 15.30pm in Suwanphumi at immigration or will it be better to do it in UdonThani immigration?

Also if it is UdonThani how many days into my visa free period can or should I go to apply?

You cannot apply for a extension at any airport. It has to be done at a immigration office.

The airline can ask to see a ticket out of the country within 30 days of arrival. You can use a one way ticket to anywhere or get a temporary onward ticket online.

7 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You can use a one way ticket to anywhere or get a temporary onward ticket online.

Hello Joe Sadly I am in the dark so could you advise me further on another ticket and or temporarily ticket online please?

I was under the impression that I could just go to immigration in Thailand to extend

thank you

9 hours ago, Jimjim1 said:

Hello Joe Sadly I am in the dark so could you advise me further on another ticket and or temporarily ticket online please?

I was under the impression that I could just go to immigration in Thailand to extend

thank you

It is the airline that can ask for a return or onward ticket to enter the country visa exempt. Immigration when entering the country seldom ask for it unless they are looking for a reason to deny you entry.

It is written in the regulation for visa exempt entries that a ticket out of the country within 30 days of arrival.

You can find a temporary onward ticket online for about $12. Do a search foronward ticket.

9 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

It is the airline that can ask for a return or onward ticket to enter the country visa exempt. Immigration when entering the country seldom ask for it unless they are looking for a reason to deny you entry.

It is written in the regulation for visa exempt entries that a ticket out of the country within 30 days of arrival.

You can find a temporary onward ticket online for about $12. Do a search foronward ticket.

Thank you so much Joe