METV - US Citizen - Want to confirm necessary documents

I have searched the forums for US Citizen requirements. I am applying for an METV.

Everything seems well in order EXCEPT they want proof of $100,000 insurance policy. Is this correct? I heard it went down to $10,000 but ThaiVisa website is un-updated?

Everything else seems fine. Hotel, Flights, Photos, Travel History, Bank Account, etc. I also know it takes upto 15 business days to get the Visa process started.

Can someone confirm?

Thanks

This page of the Thai embassy in Washington DC does not mention the $100k medical insurance. It only show the $10k covid 19 insurance. insurance. https://thaiembdc.org/2021/05/13/metv/

It seems the requirements have been revised and some other requirements have been reduced.

You do the application on the e visa website. Where your application is processed and approved depends upon you living since the embassy and official consulates have certain areas they are responsible for.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, WillRodg said:

I understand what you're saying but here's a screenshot of the website right now, May 22

That appears to be from the e visa website.

Maybe try doing the application by uploading a file with not required written on it.

The page on posted a link to is from the embassy website not the e visa site that may be out of date.

The $100k insurance is required for a special tourist visa (STV) application. 

A bit off the subject, but get a good insurance. 10 thousand dollars would not last long if you actually had to use it. You will probably know that being from the US.

Any illness, accident or Covid hospital would cost far far more than that. 

15 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

This page of the Thai embassy in Washington DC does not mention the $100k medical insurance. It only show the $10k covid 19 insurance. insurance. https://thaiembdc.org/2021/05/13/metv/

It seems the requirements have been revised and some other requirements have been reduced.

You do the application on the e visa website. Where your application is processed and approved depends upon you living since the embassy and official consulates have certain areas they are responsible for.

I am calling the Thai Embassy now. He said $10,000 as well, so now I am confirming why the visa website is out of date