Jump to content

Folks pop out to Big C and return to their house on fire - it's completely burnt to the ground - short circuit blamed


webfact
 Share

Recommended Posts

image.jpeg

 

A 60 year old man called Sunthorn told 77kaoded that he and his wife and a younger relative had just popped out to a Mini Big C store last night in Samut Prakan. 

 

When they returned they saw from a distance that their one story wooden house was ablaze.

 

Neighbors tried to put out the fire without success utilizing buckets of water. 

 

There were fears it would spread to a dozen other properties in the nearby vicinity.

 

Keep up to date with all things Thailand - Join our daily ASEAN NOW Thailand Newsletter - Click to subscribe

 

Firemen and police were called and the blaze was brought under control in an hour but by that time the property in Soi Thessaban Bang Po 55 had been completely destroyed. 

 

Three other properties suffered some damage. 

 

A short circuit is believed to have caused the fire that was featured on a dramatic four and a half minute video posted by the media. 

 

Repeated explosions could be heard. 

 

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2022-05-23

 

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

 

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Flaming hell they were lucky not to have been at home.

Flaming hell indeed , what a bright spark you are, if they were at home just maybe it would have given them time to extinguish the fire.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Short circuit or went out and left the chip pan on the stove .....🙄

regards worgeordie 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Short circuit or went out and left the chip pan on the stove .....🙄

regards worgeordie 

Of the two options, I'd choose Thai electricity standards as the fault every time. Wouldn't you?

Link to post
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Of the two options, I'd choose Thai electricity standards as the fault every time. Wouldn't you?

It seems like the fire brigade think it is, just like the Police say ,everyone that crashes

into a post , did it because of Micro sleep........

regards worgeordie 

Link to post
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

It seems like the fire brigade think it is, just like the Police say ,everyone that crashes

into a post , did it because of Micro sleep........

regards worgeordie 

I was without electricity and internet for 12 hours last week as wires on a nearby pole caught fire. No micro sleep needed.

Link to post
Share on other sites

This is a sad news story as these people lost their home and likely all they

owned, like clothes, furniture, TV,  money, etc. . I hope they have relatives that they can 

stay at.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...