Private Onsen or Sauna

CanNot

Private?

I don't understand - you mean you want solo exclusive  use of it?

Here around Pattaya Saunas are very common - two around Pratumnak  and couple  in Jomtien

Steam rooms, dry heat  cold pools/rooms and saltwater pools, etc

etc

Edited by The Hammer2021
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, bradiston said:

Yes. There's a good one in Pattaya, maybe the only one, on Thepprasit. Basic 300 THB for all day for seniors, 500 for under 50s. Not heard of a private spa. A bit of a hike from Bangkok, but even so, a lot cheaper than 3000 THB ph, so would easily be worth it. Large sauna, hot steam room, one large very cold pool, 3 large jacuzzi/hot pools, stone beds, and stone jars. Go naked if you want. Rest room, restaurant, garden, pamper room, parking. Opposite wine shop. Massage extra at 1000 ph I believe. Not your Buakhao H/E.

That's the best I can offer I'm afraid.

There are two sauna/spas on Pratumnak  Soi 6. One at the top and one at the end near the beach.

I still don't  know what the OP means by private.

'Onsen' I thought, is just the  Japanese  name for  Bath House.

There are two in Jomtien.

Edited by The Hammer2021

17 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

There are two sauna/spas on Pratumnak  Soi 6. One at the top and one at the end near the beach.

I still don't  know what the OP means by private.

'Onsen' I thought, is just the  Japanese  name for  Bath House.

There are two in Jomtien.

Didn't know there were two Onsen. Where's the one apart from Thepprasit? Maybe it is just the name for bath house, but they do it in style. And the spas on Soi 6? I've only had a quick look. I go to Train Resort on Sukhumvit, near Makro. Cheap and cheerful. 150 THB all day. Good sauna, good steam room, swimming pool and "hot" and cold pools. Restaurant, bar and plenty of seating. Regular European clientele, and often quite a few Thais. Really not busy now though.

1 minute ago, bradiston said:

Didn't know there were two Onsen. Where's the one apart from Thepprasit? Maybe it is just the name for bath house, but they do it in style. And the spas on Soi 6? I've only had a quick look. I go to Train Resort on Sukhumvit, near Makro. Cheap and cheerful. 150 THB all day. Good sauna, good steam room, swimming pool and "hot" and cold pools. Restaurant, bar and plenty of seating. Regular European clientele, and often quite a few Thais. Really not busy now though.

Soi 6 Pratumnak- two hundreds years down on the left.

Also at the very end of soi 6 in the  road by the beach  that connects soi 6 to soi 5 Pratumnak overlooking Yim Yom Beach. The latter is a new one the former has been open for years.

I don't know the Threpasit  one.

And there are one or two in Jomtien I believe.

1 hour ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Soi 6 Pratumnak- two hundreds years down on the left.

Also at the very end of soi 6 in the  road by the beach  that connects soi 6 to soi 5 Pratumnak overlooking Yim Yom Beach. The latter is a new one the former has been open for years.

I don't know the Threpasit  one.

And there are one or two in Jomtien I believe.

Ah, those are just Thai style spas. You should visit Yunomori Onsen on Thepprasit to see the difference. No comparison, really.

Just now, bradiston said:

Ah, those are just Thai style spas. You should visit Yunomori Onsen on Thepprasit to see the difference. No comparison, really.

OK but could you elaborate- does the place you refer to have a swimming  pool, salt water pool as well  as steam rooms and hot  pool. Why is it better?

Where is it  on Threpasit?

Is it a gay place?

Thank you

4 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

OK but could you elaborate- does the place you refer to have a swimming  pool, salt water pool as well  as steam rooms and hot  pool. Why is it better?

Is it a gay place?

Thank you

Ah it's closed for a while

Screenshot_20220524-131058_Firefox.jpg

1 hour ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Is it a gay place?

Thank you

I've already answered several of your questions. What's stopping you checking it out for yourself? Just Google it.

1 hour ago, bradiston said:

I've already answered several of your questions. What's stopping you checking it out for yourself? Just Google it.

I did but didn't  find  much about the Pattaya branch. If you had given  more comprehensive  responses in the first  place with more content, description  and information  I would not have had to ask what you  were going on about..LOL Chill dude - go for a massage - from what I can gather: the serious, almost referential attitude  of the primarily  gay Onsen clientèle isn't for me so I guess I'll just stick with more relaxed Sauna bars in Pratumnak with the hetro normative Eastern  European and Manchester  mafia, pretty girls and cold beers. 555

Edited by The Hammer2021

2 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

I did but didn't  find  much about the Pattaya branch. If you had given  more comprehensive  responses in the first  place with more content, description  and information  I would not have had to ask what you  were going on about..LOL Chill dude - go for a massage - from what I can gather: the serious, almost referential attitude  of the primarily  gay Onsen clientèle isn't for me so I guess I'll just stick with more relaxed Sauna bars in Pratumnak with the hetro normative Eastern  European and Manchester  mafia, pretty girls and cold beers. 555

https://www.yunomorionsen.com/pattaya/onsen/

But, yes, they did omit to say shirt lifters only. Narrow (very, I imagine) escape for you. Good luck with the retro Russian thugs. They're all closet queens dontcha know? A treble gin and tonic and they're there for the taking. Like their army.

Edited by bradiston
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, bradiston said:

Yes. There's a good one in Pattaya, maybe the only one, on Thepprasit. Basic 300 THB for all day for seniors, 500 for under 50s. Not heard of a private spa. A bit of a hike from Bangkok, but even so, a lot cheaper than 3000 THB ph, so would easily be worth it. Large sauna, hot steam room, one large very cold pool, 3 large jacuzzi/hot pools, stone beds, and stone jars. Go naked if you want. Rest room, restaurant, garden, pamper room, parking. Opposite wine shop. Massage extra at 1000 ph I believe.

Sounds awesome, and the price is right! Must have been tough for them with Covid. Got a name or photo to share? Thx.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/25/2022 at 4:03 AM, bradiston said:

Although there are nearly 250 thermal springs in Thailand, none of them are anywhere near this spa. It may be they're talking about onsen-style bathing as normal Japanese baths are called ofuro. If you ever get a chance, seek out a real onsen or hotspring out in nature. Some small resorts have developed around some in Thailand. Nothing like it!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, unblocktheplanet said:

Although there are nearly 250 thermal springs in Thailand, none of them are anywhere near this spa. It may be they're talking about onsen-style bathing as normal Japanese baths are called ofuro. If you ever get a chance, seek out a real onsen or hotspring out in nature. Some small resorts have developed around some in Thailand. Nothing like it!

I believe the water is brought from Kanchanaburi

• Haha 1