Young driver dies after crashing into a truck in Sri Racha

snoop1130

I8hfLTMSQtbIvDRs_095229-1-696x392.jpg

PHOTO: Chamnan Jaiuea / Top News

A 28-year-old motorbike driver has been pronounced dead at the scene after he crashed his motorbike into a trailer truck in the Sri Racha district.

The Nong Kham Police in Sri Racha were notified of the accident after midnight yesterday (May 22nd) on the Amata City – Nongkae Road in the Bueng sub-district. Police and emergency workers arrived at the scene to find the body of the motorbike driver who was identified as Teera Janruechai, 28, at the back of the truck near his damaged motorbike.

Keep up to date with all things Thailand - Join our daily ASEAN NOW Thailand Newsletter - Click to subscribe

The truck driver, Mr. Pannawat Rangsai, 47, told police, “My truck was broken and a tow truck was pulling my truck away near a bridge. The motorbike driver, Teera, was coming down from the bridge before crashing into the back of my truck.”

Full Story: https://thepattayanews.com/2022/05/23/young-driver-dies-after-crashing-into-a-truck-in-sri-racha/

PattayaNews.jpg
-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2022-05-23

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

My truck was broken and a tow truck was pulling my truck away near a bridge.

Maybe no lights on the rear of the truck , another young man dead , 

RIP.

regards worgeordie

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

Maybe no lights on the rear of the truck , another young man dead , 

RIP.

regards worgeordie

Yes, maybe no rear lights but lots of reflective paint and decals.  How could bike miss seeing that....unless riding with no headlight....or drunk.  RIP, but no excuse for such a totally preventable accident.

• Like 2

No time of day given, but i'm guessing no hazard lights on, it should be the tow trucks driver's responsibility to affix a light of some description, magnetic or otherwise, although plenty of reflective tape on the rear if your headlight is working correctly.