Thailand’s face mask requirement in public may be eased in mid-June

I ma over 60 but look likes 59 so no nee dfor me... Why wait till mid June with so less cases ??? Start the first of JUne. In Indonesia they could announce it and the next day nobody neede to wear a mask anymore only in some places

Edited by ikke1959

Finally !  Bali too apparently, so good news for all of those that are out of work due to the excessive and ineffective restrictions and disincentives to travel. I know a lot of my Thai and Indonesian friends are very happy as visitor numbers and therefore income, increases. 

I'm sure those with complicated health conditions or unhealthy obesity levels can make their own personal decisions on precautions they see as essential to themselves. I'm sure we'll all enjoy the parks, the beaches and just being out and about a lot more.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The Ministry of Public Health will consider relaxing the mandatory wearing of face masks in public in some areas, tentatively by the middle of next month,

Read the small print.

15 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

He said, however, that people over 60, those who have underlying diseases and pregnant women will still be strongly advised to wear face masks in public.

Masks don't prevent you from catching Covid, they are worn to prevent exposing others if you currently have Covid.  So, the Dr. is indicating that those over 60 (etc...)  are more likely to spread Covid if they have or not?  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IAMHERE said:

Masks don't prevent you from catching Covid, they are worn to prevent exposing others if you currently have Covid.  So, the Dr. is indicating that those over 60 (etc...)  are more likely to spread Covid if they have or not?  

That is why doctors working in covid wards wear no  masks.

• Confused 1

I wear no masks at all times because I have free access to world class medical care,

and I am also protected by the social safety net of a wealthy country. 

Ordinary Thais will continue to wear theirs until the end of this pandemic.   

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Johnnyngai said:

I wear no masks at all times because I have free access to world class medical care,

and I am also protected by the social safety net of a wealthy country. 

Ordinary Thais will continue to wear theirs until the end of this pandemic.   

Thais do not wear masks for themselves, they wear them to protect other people.

To not wear a mask is both selfish and ignorant.

Well done and welcome to the club.

• Sad 2

16 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The Ministry of Public Health will consider relaxing the mandatory wearing of face masks in public in some areas, tentatively by the middle of next month, as Thailand moves towards reclassifying COVID-19 as an endemic disease, according to Public Health Permanent Secretary Dr. Kiattibhoom Vongrachit.

So a definite maybe if I'm reading this right. Not sure why these even announce this drivel.

19 minutes ago, huangnon said:

At this stage, they are little more than comfort-blankets, but please yourself, Linus.

Take a trip outside Thailand. Face masks are gone.

In Australia people are supposed to wear them on public transport. A lot of people don't bother and nobody cares. Wear one if you like, but leave the rest of us alone is how things are now. 

Edited by Woker

18 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

will consider relaxing the mandatory wearing of face masks in public in some areas,

For reference, in Cambodia the wearing of facemasks is no longer mandatory (except in specific circumstances) as can be seen in the photograph taken yesterday (25 May 2022) of Khmers being recruited as polling station staff in next month's local elections. The choice to wear one is yours.

38647.jpg

https://www.khmertimeskh.com/501082209/nec-recruits-polling-station-officials/

Edited by Burma Bill
additional information
  • Like 2