Northern factory worker goes to the police after getting a million baht in her account instead of 10K salary

webfact

Interesting sounds like she reported the money appearing in her account out of fear rather than honesty. Perhaps she knows something we don't.

She could have just said nothing and left it there to see if the bank eventually removes the money.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

So was the deposit from her employer or not?

Why would criminals deposit money in a strangers account?  Easy to deposit but harder to get it back out without help from someone working for the bank.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, DezLez said:

I hope she gets a reward for her honesty,

Why the bank told her to go to the police is a mystery!

If it was the company she was being honest in reporting it.

If it was dodgy money and she reported it to the police she cannot be found guilty of holding the money or being an accessory to a crime.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Sanook quoted an unnamed senior police source as saying they think the money is connected to a 68 million baht fraud perpetrated by a dentist and relatives conning people out of money in relation to an iron or steel and mask business.

Please don't say the bank transferred it back

2 hours ago, DezLez said:

I hope she gets a reward for her honesty,

Why the bank told her to go to the police is a mystery!

Maybe the bank was aware that the money was apparently being laundered? I suggest that they should have accompanied her to the police though.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, fvw53 said:

What was the crime ? Why not go to the bank first ?

Please read the article again it says she took the day off and went to her bank who advised her to go to the police

7 hours ago, rwill said:

So was the deposit from her employer or not?

Why would criminals deposit money in a strangers account?  Easy to deposit but harder to get it back out without help from someone working for the bank.

Maybe an accident, i.e. 'fat finger' when quickly transferring the money.

Perhaps the bank knew more about it, and suspected that the crooks would try to get the money back from the account holder. That would explain the advice to go to the police.