Pattaya local complains to authorities for painting needless crosswalk in front of his garage

snoop1130

284296160_5401883746499182_7508029670358374386_n-696x392.jpg

PHOTO: บริษัท โสภณ เคเบิ้ล ที.วี.และสื่อสาร พัทยา จำกัด

A 47-year-old Pattaya resident complained to authorities about what he called a needless crosswalk in front of his garage in a narrow alley.

Yesterday, May 26th, the Pattaya local Mr. Natdanai Mingkwansirisophon, 47, posted on his Facebook account named “Puog Pattaya” about a crosswalk that suddenly appeared in front of his garage on Soi Sawangfa Phruettharam in the Na Kluea sub-district, Bang Lamung, Chonburi.

Keep up to date with all things Thailand - Join our daily ASEAN NOW Thailand Newsletter - Click to subscribe

The road, according to Mr. Natdanai, was only 3-meters wide, causing him and his neighbors to question the authorities if it was really necessary.

Full Story: https://thepattayanews.com/2022/05/27/pattaya-local-complains-to-authorities-for-painting-needless-crosswalk-in-front-of-his-garage-in-a-narrow-alley/

PattayaNews.jpg
-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2022-05-27

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

• Like 1

Please don't get me started on road paint!

I went out of LOS for 6 weeks and returned to see some more/new POINTLESS paint markings on the road. 

My pet hate is the rumble strips of about 15 thick lines of paint close together to warn drivers of a corner or other hazard. These can sometimes be on the wrong (both) side of the road or already on the apex. They can be a warning to road users of a corner, or other hazard. Here on Suan Phak Road, rumour has it that the owner of a restaurant was a relative of a high-ranking government official and had them painted approaching the restaurant from both directions! https://goo.gl/maps/9ZfVZKS8CmjHdMTYA

It's not helped that I'm a grumpy <deleted> at the best of times, and I drive a small car that until recently needed its suspension bushes replaced. But I feel me and my car being extra sensitive helps to highlight the utter stupidity or lack of thought involved when painting the road here!

The trouble is, they give extra warnings (such as paint, road signs, speed limits and lights) when it's not necessary, and no warning when it is! This will only lead drivers to ignore the painted warnings!

Look here for example! A fast corner outside the Criminal Court is covered in paint, but you could safely (although illegally) make that turn at 100km/h. https://goo.gl/maps/5pzRXkDZMrFmhFEv6

• Like 1

Probably someone received a lot of money to paint that thing. And someone else received a big commission.

And maybe because it is useless sometime soon someone will receive a lot of money to remove it. And obviously there will be another commission.

TiT, all works fine the way it is designed to work.

• Like 1

On 5/28/2022 at 8:46 AM, OneMoreFarang said:

Probably someone received a lot of money to paint that thing. And someone else received a big commission.

And maybe because it is useless sometime soon someone will receive a lot of money to remove it. And obviously there will be another commission.

TiT, all works fine the way it is designed to work.

There has been a rash of these, usually, unnecessary road markings in my town.  Some crossings are only 20m apart and on roads where crossing has never been a problem in the light traffic.

Other crossings are in fashionable LGBT colours.  After just three months some of the colours and paint have eroded so much they will soon need re-doing.

Loadsa money.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, greeneking said:

There has been a rash of these, usually, unnecessary road markings in my town.  Some crossings are only 20m apart and on roads where crossing has never been a problem in the light traffic.

Other crossings are in fashionable LGBT colours.  After just three months some of the colours and paint have eroded so much they will soon need re-doing.

Loadsa money.

I guess with LGBT+/- whatever there must be lots of different crossings. Imagine is a white heterosexual male wants to cross the street and there is only a rainbow crossing. That is obviously problematic and must be adressed. ???? 

On 5/28/2022 at 8:46 AM, OneMoreFarang said:

Fromt the article: the painter told the shop owner: there is a budget to spend :biggrin:

Did you notice the other paintwork: the yellow area at the T-section.

It's a "do not stop here/keep clear/don't block". Used on very busy roads with dense traffic :biggrin:

The sign with the white on blue arrows is also an absolute must:

you can go straight or left (because there is no road to the right :cheesy:).

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1

pleaded with the relevant authorities to remove the crosswalk because he now could not park in front of his own garage.

Then

On 5/27/2022 at 6:38 PM, snoop1130 said:

The road, according to Mr. Natdanai, was only 3-meters wide, causing him and his neighbors to question the authorities if it was really necessary.

So it wouldn't be wide enough to park your car either then.