VIDEO: Why some elderly Thais cannot afford to retire

webfact

15 hours ago, billd766 said:

IMHO the only country other than China (or perhaps Indonesia or Malaysia) would be Myanmar, and there would be no way for Thailand to beat them.

Fortunately for Thailand, Myanmar has its own problems.

Myanmar would never invade Thailand. The USA would get involved in that one and Burma would slide even farther back from where it is.

1 hour ago, Lacessit said:

I have not heard of too many foreigners who are living here on 13K baht per month, most IME are in the 50K-100K baht/month area, except the real skinflints.

Thailand has a long way to go before it gets to be as expensive as Australia. Show me a condo apartment in Australia, with condo swimming pool, that I can buy for AUD 40,000.

I can live on 13000 baht for living expenses . Because you receive say 50 thousand baht does not mean  you must spend it all to avoid being called a skinflint . 

My statement on Thailand becoming more expensive to live was based on if the Thai Government increased taxes to pay pensionists a livable income  . Not how much a condo with a swimming pool will cost . 

1 hour ago, itsari said:

I can live on 13000 baht for living expenses . Because you receive say 50 thousand baht does not mean  you must spend it all to avoid being called a skinflint . 

My statement on Thailand becoming more expensive to live was based on if the Thai Government increased taxes to pay pensionists a livable income  . Not how much a condo with a swimming pool will cost . 

I might be able to live on 13,000 baht/month if I bought no luxuries, played no golf, and did not shop in Big C. I would have to stop supporting my GF, and sell my car. I might be able to keep my scooter.

In the last years of my life, I fail to see why I should deny myself anything within reason, or save money so my heirs can spend it instead. That would be stupid squared.

I suppose I could feel good by posting on ASEAN about how thrifty I am.

1 minute ago, Lacessit said:

I might be able to live on 13,000 baht/month if I bought no luxuries, played no golf, and did not shop in Big C. I would have to stop supporting my GF, and sell my car. I might be able to keep my scooter.

In the last years of my life, I fail to see why I should deny myself anything within reason, or save money so my heirs can spend it instead. That would be stupid squared.

I suppose I could feel good by posting on ASEAN about how thrifty I am.

Nothing to do with being thrifty . More to do with priorities.

I spend money on the business to enable the Thai partner to have good income and independence .

Of course you live your life how you will as I will too.

15 minutes ago, itsari said:

Nothing to do with being thrifty . More to do with priorities.

I spend money on the business to enable the Thai partner to have good income and independence .

Of course you live your life how you will as I will too.

We all have different ways of looking after our Thai partners. My GF will be the wealthiest woman in her village after I cark it, although she does have very good reason to keep me alive for as long as possible.

1 minute ago, Lacessit said:

We all have different ways of looking after our Thai partners. My GF will be the wealthiest woman in her village after I cark it, although she does have very good reason to keep me alive for as long as possible.

I am sure my partner will not be the most wealthy after I am gone but will not be the poorest either. 

Will also no how to work and preserve her assets .

Over and out